BetaGen HP is the first formula to combine University-tested HMB (B-hydroxy B-methylbutyrate monohydrate) with Phosphagen brand creatine. Supplementing with BetaGen HP may:
* Increase lean mass and strength
* Suppress muscle protein breakdown
* Enhance muscle energetics and recuperation
Serving Size: 2 level scoops
Q: What is different about BetaGen HP from the original BetaGen?
A: Several additions have been made to BetaGen HP to enhance the overall effectiveness of the product. These improvements include:
* More glutamine (2g)—Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in muscle tissue, and among other functions, is responsible for recovery and repair of muscle tissue1. Research has found evidence that glutamine is important for the maintenance of skeletal muscle protein levels. For individuals engaged in intense exercise, glutamine may exert a beneficial effect on immune system strength, cell volumization, and protein synthesis.
* More taurine (500mg)—Early research on the amino acid taurine showed that it possesses insulin-mimicking characteristics that may be valuable for nutrient transport. Current investigation of taurine demonstrates its involvement in the control of muscular contraction. Significant losses in taurine may decrease muscle contractility, and consequently, exercise performance. By offsetting taurine loss, the benefits of high intensity exercise including strength and lean mass gains may be increased.
* Vitamins C and E—Whether you lift weights or run, the body produces free radicals. The body's internal antioxidant defense systems can handle the challenge of dealing with free radicals at low levels of exercise intensity, however elevated intensity levels may require supplemental defense. The addition of vitamins C and E may support the overall recovery process, as they provide immune system support and antioxidant protection from free radicals. These powerful antioxidant vitamins may help hard-training athletes avoid the negative consequences of overtraining. Research on the effects of vitamin C on exercise performance indicates that ascorbic acid may prevent the formation of exercise-induced free radicals. In a study investigating the effects of vitamin E on recreationally weight trained subjects, it was determined that a decrease in muscle membrane disruption and oxidative stress was evident. What may be even more interesting about the supplementation of these two vitamins is that vitamin C is thought to regenerate vitamin E7, making it advantageous to use both in conjunction to ensure optimal availability in offsetting free-radical damage. This antioxidant combination in BetaGen HP may help individuals recover faster from intense workouts by diminishing the harmful effects of free radical production.
* B-vitamin complex—The B-vitamin complex serves a wide variety of functions in the body, including growth and repair of body tissues, healthy cell development, nervous system function, and metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. In particular, vitamins B6, B12, and Folic acid are important for the synthesis of hormones and red blood cell production. Paying major attention to vitamin and mineral intake, specifically B vitamins, zinc and chromium, is required to optimize carbohydrate metabolism, the ultimate limiting factor for sport performance. Ensuring that sufficient levels of the B-complex are available in the body may optimize the function of the nervous system and metabolically active tissues (muscle) to achieve maximal athletic performance.
As a dietary supplement, add 2 scoops or 1 tablespoon to 4 oz of water or juice, and stir/mix until dissolved. Use three servings daily. Do not exceed recommended servings. Consult with a physician prior to use if you have any medical conditions. Do not use if pregnant or lactating.
Serving size 2 scoops
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 5 g
Protein 0 g
Taurine 500 mg
Creatine Monohydrate 2 g
Calcium HMB 1 g
L-Glutamine 2 g
Calcium (from calcium HMB) 140 mg
Pantothenic Acid 25%
Vitamin E 667%
Vitamin B6 25%
Vitamin B12 25%
Vitamin C 833%
Maltodextrin, natural and artificial flavors, citric acid, sucralose, beta-carotene, Yellow #6, Red #40, Red #40 Lake, Blue #2.
High performance athletes need high performance nutrition, supplementation and recovery products. The EAS Performance line gives you what you need to build and define lean mass while shedding fat. If your goals are feeding muscle and gaining strength, it’s time to redefine Performance. Endurance athletes need fuel to burn. Whether you’re training or competing, the end result depends on your ability to fight fatigue, replenish energy stores and recover quickly. With the EAS Endurance line, you can do all three. If you seek to boost your energy for high-endurance sports and maintain healthy lean mass, try Endurance. There’s only one way to get that cut, lean and striated look. You earn it in the gym with every plate you stack on the bar. Our Definition products are designed
555 Corporate Circle
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.