EAS - Betagen HP Orange - 90 Serving(s)
- Ship Weight:2.50
BetaGen HP is the first formula to combine University-tested HMB (B-hydroxy B-methylbutyrate monohydrate) with Phosphagen brand creatine. Supplementing with BetaGen HP may:
* Increase lean mass and strength
* Suppress muscle protein breakdown
* Enhance muscle energetics and recuperation
Serving Size: 2 level scoops
Q: What is different about BetaGen HP from the original BetaGen?
A: Several additions have been made to BetaGen HP to enhance the overall effectiveness of the product. These improvements include:
* More glutamine (2g)—Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in muscle tissue, and among other functions, is responsible for recovery and repair of muscle tissue1. Research has found evidence that glutamine is important for the maintenance of skeletal muscle protein levels. For individuals engaged in intense exercise, glutamine may exert a beneficial effect on immune system strength, cell volumization, and protein synthesis.
* More taurine (500mg)—Early research on the amino acid taurine showed that it possesses insulin-mimicking characteristics that may be valuable for nutrient transport. Current investigation of taurine demonstrates its involvement in the control of muscular contraction. Significant losses in taurine may decrease muscle contractility, and consequently, exercise performance. By offsetting taurine loss, the benefits of high intensity exercise including strength and lean mass gains may be increased.
* Vitamins C and E—Whether you lift weights or run, the body produces free radicals. The body's internal antioxidant defense systems can handle the challenge of dealing with free radicals at low levels of exercise intensity, however elevated intensity levels may require supplemental defense. The addition of vitamins C and E may support the overall recovery process, as they provide immune system support and antioxidant protection from free radicals. These powerful antioxidant vitamins may help hard-training athletes avoid the negative consequences of overtraining. Research on the effects of vitamin C on exercise performance indicates that ascorbic acid may prevent the formation of exercise-induced free radicals. In a study investigating the effects of vitamin E on recreationally weight trained subjects, it was determined that a decrease in muscle membrane disruption and oxidative stress was evident. What may be even more interesting about the supplementation of these two vitamins is that vitamin C is thought to regenerate vitamin E7, making it advantageous to use both in conjunction to ensure optimal availability in offsetting free-radical damage. This antioxidant combination in BetaGen HP may help individuals recover faster from intense workouts by diminishing the harmful effects of free radical production.
* B-vitamin complex—The B-vitamin complex serves a wide variety of functions in the body, including growth and repair of body tissues, healthy cell development, nervous system function, and metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. In particular, vitamins B6, B12, and Folic acid are important for the synthesis of hormones and red blood cell production. Paying major attention to vitamin and mineral intake, specifically B vitamins, zinc and chromium, is required to optimize carbohydrate metabolism, the ultimate limiting factor for sport performance. Ensuring that sufficient levels of the B-complex are available in the body may optimize the function of the nervous system and metabolically active tissues (muscle) to achieve maximal athletic performance.