Country Lifes Potassium Proteinate is complexed with Potassium Citrate Mineral Supplement. Country Life Potassium
is an electrolyte (a substance that maintains your body's fluid levels), this mineral helps regulate blood pressure and heart function. Research shows that increasing your potassium intake can lower your blood pressure. Those individuals with existing hypertension, as well as those just looking to keep their blood pressure in check, can benefit from taking this Country Life Potassium supplement.
A Harvard study showed that men who took a potassium supplement with a diuretic decreased their incidence of stroke by 60 percent compared to men who did not. Potassium neutralizes acids and restores alkaline salts to the bloodstream. Potassium works with sodium in all cells including at nerve synapses to maintain or restore membrane potentials and to assist in metabolic processes. Potassium is critical to our cardiovascular and nerve functioning, regulating the transfer of nutrients into cells and facilitating muscle energy.
Some other benefits of potassium include:
- regulates water balance and assists recuperative powers
- aids rheumatic or arthritic conditions (causing acids to leave the joints and ease stiffness).
- crucial for the elimination of wastes
- acts as a natural pain desensitizer
- controls convulsions, headaches and migraines
- promotes faster healing of cuts, bruises and other injuries and generally contributes to a sense of well being.
- helps the kidneys function normally
Potassium is stored in the muscles and body builders tend to use a “potassium load” to give their muscles more energy but there is no scientific proof of its effectiveness.