Endangered Species - Coexist All-Natural Dark Chocolate Covered Hazelnut Toffee 72% Cocoa
3oz. All-Natural Dark Chocolate Covered Hazelnut Toffee (72% Cocoa Content).Beneath a thick layer of dark chocolate hides simply sensational buttery hazelnut toffee. 10% of net profits from your purchase support conservation efforts.
Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Toffee:
- 72% cocoa content
- Certified kosher
- Sourced from ethically traded cacao farms ensuring fair trade, responsible labor practices and sustainable farming
Healthy Planet, Healthy You
Your health and the health of the planet are important to Endangered Species. Creating chocolate that satisfies both of these priorities is a snap because what is good for the body is often good for our Earth. Our exceptional ingredients are carefully sourced from growers that care about quality and taste while working in harmony with nature.
Benefits for the Body
- Endangered Species combine their chocolates with All-Natural and Organic ingredients - leaving no room for artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- With cocoa contents ranging from 70 – 88%, our dark chocolates boast a healthful dose of beneficial antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Endangered Species Organic Health line combines exotic, healthful ingredients with premium chocolate to create nutrient-added, smart indulgences.
Benefits for the Soul
- Chocolate has been shown to trigger the release of endorphins, the “feel good” chemicals, in the body, creating a sense of calm and, dare we say, euphoria.
- Phenyl ethylamine, a substance found in chocolate, stimulates our nervous system - closely mimicking the feelings associated with (sigh) falling in love!
- Cousins of caffeine, theobromine and theophylline exist in chocolate but in small amounts. Chocolate is a much weaker stimulant than most people think. In fact, a typical 1.4oz. chocolate bar contains the stimulant equivalent of a cup of decaf coffee.
Benefits for the Planet
- 10% of our net profits are donated to non-profit groups that support species and habitat conservation.
- All of our chocolate is shade-grown. Shade-grown chocolate supports lush forests and the species that thrive there promoting biodiversity, providing shelter for migratory birds, and combating global warming.
- Cacao used to create our All-Natural and Organic chocolate products is grown on farm co-ops that foster responsible labor practices, community enrichment and sustainable farming.
Savor chocolate. Save our planet.
Endangered Species Chocolate offers you premium chocolate choices (quite possibly the best you’ve ever tasted) that support species, habitat and humanity.
About Endangered Species Chocolate
Endangered Species Chocolate was born out of a desire to make an impact on the growing number of plant and animal species that are disappearing from Earth. With interests rooted in a deep love of chocolate making, Endangered Species Chocolate set out in 1993 to source natural, ethically traded chocolate as a carrier for an environmental message. Through the crafting of premium, thoughtfully sourced chocolate, Endangered Species Chocolate generates funds for conservation efforts worldwide.
Endangered Species Chocolate is a mission-driven company that is passionate about chocolate and the environment. They are fully committed to providing premium, all-natural, ethically traded, naturally shade grown chocolate products. Endangered Species Chocolate confirms that all beans used in its products are purchased from family-owned properties where the income benefits the community. 10% of their net profits are donated to fund species and habitat conservation efforts. Savor chocolate. Save our planet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What AllergensAre Present In Your Chocolate?
Our products are produced on shared equipment that processes products containing milk, peanuts and other tree nuts. Our quality department purges and thoroughly cleans equipment between flavors containing these allergens to reduce the risk of cross contamination; however, there is the possibility of trace amounts of allergens being present due to shared equipment.
Explain "Cocoa Content".
The cocoa content of each Endangered Species Chocolate product is stated on the wrapper. Cocoa content refers to the amount of the chocolate product that is made of the three cacao components – chocolate liquor, cocoa butter and cocoa powder. The percentage of cocoa solids present in the chocolate is a great indicator of a chocolate’s quality and flavor.
Chocolates with high cocoa contents possess a richer, more intense flavor. Also, antioxidant health benefits can be found in high cocoa content chocolate. Endangered Species milk chocolates have 43-48% cocoa contents. Endangered Species dark chocolates have 70-88% cocoa contents.
Is This Chocolate Dutch Processed (Also Known As "Alkali Added" Or "European Style"?
No, Endangered Species Chocolate’s products are not processed using the Dutch Alkaline Process (a method of treating chocolate with alkali to neutralize cocoa's naturally bitter taste). They rely on the quality of the cocoa bean to achieve a consistent and harmonious flavor profile. It is harder and more expensive to go this route, but they believe it results in a more premium product and adheres to their natural stance. Additionally, Dutch cocoa provides less antioxidants than natural cocoa because the alkali process destroys some of the flavanols (the powerful antioxidants found in chocolate).
What Is Ethical Trade? Is That Similar To Fair Trade?
Endangered Species cocoa is 100% ethically traded. This means they buy their cocoa from small properties that adhere to criteria that ensure farmers humane working conditions and a fair price for their crop. Sustainable agricultural practices are also employed to support and sustain the habitats and communities of these cacao farming regions. You can learn more about how their ethical trade chocolate supports farmers and farmland in the Ethical Trade section of the Endangered Species website. http://chocolatebar.com/pages.php?pageid=53
How Do I know If My Chocolate Is Within Its Expiration Date?
Each Endangered Species Chocolate product is stamped with an ENJOY BY expiration date.
Are Endangered Species Chocolates Gluten-Free?
Endangered Species Chocolate products are CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE™ by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization. This certification allows us to feel 100% confident in recommending products to customers with Celiac Disease. Look for the “Certified Gluten-Free” symbol on each label. Seasonal and specialty items may not carry this certification; please consult our Gluten-Free certificate for a listing of all products that hold this certification.
Is Endangered Species Chocolate Non-GMO?
All of our dark chocolate products are Non-GMO Project Verified. Currently the Non-GMO Project is unable to provide us with non-gmo verified options for dairy ingredients. Once they secure a viable dairy source, we will move forward to gain non-gmo verification for our milk chocolate products.
What Is The Best Way To Store Chocolate?
Keep your chocolate in a cool, dry place (optimum conditions being 65°F, 50% humidity). Store away from strong odors such as coffees and perfumes to protect your chocolate’s flavor. Check the ‘Enjoy By’ date, which is stamped on each product to help you ensure freshness.