Epsom Salt by Quality Choice
Quality Choice Epsom Salt - 1 lb (16 oz) (454 g)
Quality Choice Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate USP) is a soaking aid for minor sprains and bruises, as well as a saline laxative for the short term relief of constipation. Quality Choice Epsom Salt generally produces a bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours.
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- relieves pain from minor sprains and bruises
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I purchase QC products?
- QC brand offers you comparable quality to advertised brands at a fraction of the price. If you are looking for quality and value, then you’ll be a happy QC customer. The QC line meets virtually all your health/personal care and general merchandise needs.
- Are the QC products as good as the national brands?
- Both QC and advertised brands have to follow the stringent standards set by the Food and Drug Administration. That means they all follow the same rule book and are tested based on the same standards. Their active ingredients are the same and their dissolution rates are set to the FDA same standards. Because QC items go through rigorous product testing, you can be assured that they meet or exceed the quality of advertised brands.
- What criteria are used to compare QC products with national brands?
- Employing independent, unbiased testing labs, QC products are evaluated on many criteria including: active and inactive ingredient content; product size, shape, weight and appearance; count; dissolution rate; label warnings and usage instructions; packaging security and design.
Do not exceed more than 2 doses per day; if necessary repeat dosage in 4 hours.
For Internal Use
- As a laxative:
- Adults and children 12 years and older: 2-4 level teaspoons dissolved in a full glass (8oz) of water.
- Children 6 years to under 12 years: 1-2 level teaspoons dissolved in a full glass (8oz) of water.
- Not recommended for children under 6 years of age
For External Use
- As a soaking solution: Adults dissolve 1/2 cup in a quart of water, and apply wet, with towel, etc.
- As a bathing solution: 2 cups added to the bath water for a refreshing bath after strenuous exertion.
Dissolve well before use.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- a magnesium restricted diet
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that last more than 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug.
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- As a Laxative
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use. This may indicated a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week.
- As a Soaking solution
- you have redness, irritation, swelling, or infection occurs
- hot, or warm soaks should not be used by individuals with diabetes except with the advice of a physician.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of accident overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
|Drug Facts |
|Magnesium sulfate USP (epsom salt)
||Internal use: Saline laxative|
External use: Soaking solution
About Quality Choice
Quality Choice offers you over a thousand products that meet or exceed the quality of the name brands you normally buy at significant discounts. Now you can save money and provide your family with high quality health and personal care products. Quality Choice products are tested by independent laboratories to assure National Brand Equivalent quality and that products meet strict Food and Drug Administration guidelines.
43157 West Nine Mile Road
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.