Diatomaceous Earth For Your Home by Lumino
Lumino Diatomaceous Earth For Your Home - 1.5 lbs (680g/24oz)
Lumino's Diatomaceous Earth is an environmentally-friendly alternative to toxic chemicals for a cleaner, more enjoyable and beautiful home. Diatomaceous Earth is a fine powder composed of the crushed fossilized exoskeletons of microscopic diatoms.
Diatomaceous Earth, an amazing gift from Mother Nature, is the simple silution:
- Freshen your air
- Create a spotless home for easy entertaining
- Grow a delicious garden and luscious flowers
- Enahnce your own beauty
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is chemical free, non-toxic and safe around humans and animals:
- Organic Material Review Institute listed
- Fossilized freshwater diatoms
- Mined, crushed and bagged in the USA
As a woman of a certain age, Bard Todd became more aware of her changing appearance and was none too pleased. Even though Barb Todd is healthy, exercises regularly, and eats mostly organic whole foods, her old regimen wasn't working. Barb Todd needed something more.
There are many wonderful health and beauty products available. They just weren't solving Barb Todd's problems. As an Argentine tango dancer Barb Todd was especially concerned about her feet. Barb todd's initial attempts produced Lumino's first product, the Himalayan salt and organic coconut oil scrub. It wasn't long before Barb Todd started to notice changes in her feet; the softness and suppleness were improved. Now Barb Todd could dance for hours without getting sore feet.
If Barb Todd could do this to her feet, what about products for the rest of her body? Barb Todd was amazed at the results from these natural health and beauty products. Barb Todd may be a certain age but she now looks and feels years younger.
As these things often happen, somewhere along the way a passion became a business. Here's where the journey took an unexpected turn. Customers using Lumino's body care products began calling and emailing Lumino about how they were using them on their pets and in their home.
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is used in many of Lumino's body care and bath products. It didn't take a big leap to recognize its many uses in the home. Because Lumino's DE is pure organic food grade it is a pleasure to use. There are no chemical odors or harsh feelings on your hands.
With all natural ingredients Lumino's products will never be as cheap as those produced with petroleum by-products and an array of potentially harmful chemicals, but Lumino can offer products at a great value.
You don't always know where life will take you next but at least you will be going there on strong feet with a clean and sparkling home.
A Natural Deodorizer:
- Garbage can--sprinkle DE in bottom of garbage can to deodorize.
- Kitty litter box--Mix a handful of DE in with kitty litter. Not only deodorizes but also absorbs moisture. DE is odorless so will not deter cats from using box.
- Vacuum cleaner bags--To deodorize, place two tablespoons of DE in the vacuum bag or canister and again when half full.
- Refrigerator--Use as you would baking soda
- Footwear—place some DE in pantyhose tie off leave in shoes until using again. Alternatively sprinkle in shoes leave overnight shake out well and wipe up residue.
Non –Toxic Cleanser and Absorbent:
- Soft scrub cleanser--Mix DE with dish soap to make paste add few drops of vinegar if desired.
- Muddy footprints from carpet—sprinkle DE powder on wet or dry mud spots. Brush with stiff broom or brush with a rubbing motion. Vacuum in 1-2 hours or when powder and mud appear dry.
- Polish silver—Mix DE with water to form paste. Apply to silver, rubbing with cloth and wash well. Silver tarnish can be removed by rubbing on dry DE with cloth.
A Glorious Garden:
- Preserve and store flower bulbs--Sprinkle bulbs lightly with DE, store in an air permeable bag, hang in a dry place for airflow.
- Amendment for soil--For houseplants use ¼ DE to soil mix. As a soil conditioner it helps to break up clay and retain moisture in light or sandy soils. It contains 14 trace minerals that help to amend depleted soils.
Easy Beauty Secrets:
- Facial Mask--Mix DE and water or oil together to make a paste. Apply to face with a circular motion until face is fully covered. Leave on 2 to 5 minutes then wash off with warm water.
- Microderm Abrasion Glow--Mix DE with your favorite cleanser and it will remove old dead skin
- Teeth cleaner--Sprinkle a small amount of DE on your favorite toothpaste and brush as you normally would.
- Nail Soak—Mix with your favorite nail oil to strengthen nails
Only use as directed. Do not inhale. May cause eye or respiratory irritation. Call a health professional if irritation persists. Wear suitable dust mask when using this product for prolonged periods.
100% Diatomaceous Earth (Amorphous non-crystalline silica).
The inspiration for the Lumino Pet product line comes from the experience of using Lumino Spa Origins skin and body care products on our own and other people's pets. They've had a number of customers using their body care products for their pets.
These are spa quality treatments, created with natural and organic ingredients. They contain no toxic chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, or petroleum by-products. Lumino has made minor formula changes to ensure that all the ingredients used are absolutely safe for dogs, cats, birds, and horses. Many pet owners are turning to all-natural solutions rather than pharmaceutical drugs to deal with their pet's stress-related emotions and behavior.
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.