Miradent Dry Mouth Drops Cherry - 1.7 oz. (60g)
Dry Mouth Drops by Miradent
Miradent Dry Mouth Drops Cherry are perfect for people on the go. Miradent Dry Mouth Drops Cherry reduce oral dryness, helps clean teeth between brushings, and is diabetic-friendly. Miradent Dry Mouth Drops Cherry are specially designed for daily oral care and are a great alternative or complement to chewing gum. Being sweetened with 100% Xylitol, each drop provides a cooling effect and a pleasant feeling of freshness. Miradent Dry Mouth Drops are available in three flavors: melon, cherry, and mint. They are tooth-friendly, plaque-inhibiting and support remineralization of the enamel.
- Does not promote tooth decay
- Low calories sugar substitute
- Aids in saliva production
- Perfect complement to tooth brushing
Discovered by Nobel Prize winner Emil Fischer around 1900, Xylitol began to be used in foods since the 1960's and has been used widely as a popular sweetener in diabetic diets (minimal effect - glycemic index of 7 - slow, steady release of energy balances blood sugar and insulin levels). More than 48 studies worldwide have been conducted on Xylitol (Carried out partially under the auspice of the World Health Organization (WHO)).
Xylitol is a sugar that does not promote the development of dental caries, unlike frequent between meal consumption of other foods high in sugars and starches that can promote dental caries.
The Benefits of Xylitol - The Ingredient:
- Has an active anti-caries/cariostatic effect by reducing plaque forming bacteria. This is a result of lowering the plaque index (reduces the adhesivity at the macro molecular level and reducing the acidogenicity of plaque with Xylitol's (neutral 7.0 PH levels)). As part of the process, Xylitol stimulates the production or saliva; thereby helping to control dental plaque and mutans streptococci.
- Inhibits plaque formation, [plaque is a biofilm that allows bacteria to adhere to tooth enamel, as well as other pathogenic organisms that can ultimately result in periodontal disease.
The Use of Xylitol in Children - Under Age 12:
- Can have particularly long term positive effect on oral well being. Children's acceptance & daily compliance of chewing of Xylitol is excellent due to its ease-of-use and great taste. Studies have shown xylitol blocks the transmission of mutans streptocci from mother to child.
- Studies have shown that with regular use of Xylitol chewing gum there is a long-term effect that may reduce the risk of dental caries.
The Benefits of Xylitol - In Geriatrics:
- Holds and keeps the aging related salivary mutans at a steady level.
- Eases xerostomia caused by the intake of medications which causes a reduction of saliva in the elderly population.
Xylitol's - Low Caloric Value:
- A better alternative for keeping weight down vs traditional high calorie sugar based chewing gums
- Xylitol is an excellent low calorie sugar substitute (up to 40% less calories) due to the fact that the human body utilizes the chemical slowly and incompletely; therefore, reducing its caloric value.
Positive oral effects that have been reported are a reminerlizating effect on tooth enamel (depending on daily usage), acting as a periodontal prophylaxis and can have a compounding effect on the benefits of fluoride.
Adults take 4 drops daily. Children take 2 drops daily.
Unsuitable for children under the age of 3 due to dangers of suffocation. Unsuitable for pets. Excessive consumption may induce laxative effects.
|Miradent - Dry Mouth Drops Cherry - 2 oz.|
|Serving Size: 1 Piece (2.3g)|
|Servings Per Container: 26|
||Amount Per Serving
|*Daily Value Not Established.|
†Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your diet values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Ingredients: Xylitol, Gum Arabic, Natural Flavor, Malic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Artificial Color|
The team miradent prophylaxis of Hager & Werken has worked extensively in the past 15 years involved in the development of professional products for the prophylaxis. These products are developed in practice and has been continuously optimized. Professional Products need professional advice. With Hager Pharma, we have been active in pharmacy distribution since the year 2008. This company started with our miradent products and is now active with a small, but extra interesting product range.
13322 Byrd Drive
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.