Himalayan Institute Neti Kit Eco Neti Pot & Salt - 1 Count
Himalayan Institute Neti Kit Eco Neti Pot & Salt naturally cleanses, refreshes, and protects the nasal passages, one of our body’s first lines of defense against illness. Recommended today by doctors and pharmacists worldwide, the Neti Pot has been used for thousands of years in ayurvedic medicine to alleviate sinus and allergy problems. Himalayan Institute Eco Neti Pot & Salt Neti Kit contains one biodegradable PLA Neti Pot, one 6 oz. bag of pharmaceutical-grade salt for over 100 scoops, and one biodegradable PLA spoon for scooping.
Himalayan Institute Neti Pot & Salt Eco Neti Kit is good for you and good for the environment because it is made from natural bioplastic. The durable Eco Neti Pot is produced with all natural, renewable resources. This petroleum-free, nontoxic, plant-based material (polylactic acid or PLA) uses 65% less energy to produce than traditional petroleum-based materials.
PLA netipot & PLA spoon
6 oz pharmaceutical-grade salt
Why A Nasal Wash?
The nasal passages are lined with a thin layer of mucus that is one of our body’s first lines of defense against disease. A nasal wash keeps this layer of mucus moist, clean and healthy. And compared to other nasal wash techniques, using the Neti Pot is easy. A nasal wash can be as routine as brushing your teeth.
Rinsing with saline solution is a time-honored practice in the Orient. Here in the West, the nasal wash has been used for decades as a means of treating sinus problems, colds, allergies, and post-nasal drip and to counteract the effect of environmental pollution. Those practicing yoga and other meditative disciplines use the nasal wash to ensure free air flow through both nostrils.
A Healthy Nose
Breathing through the nose filters and conditions the incoming air. The nasal passages are lined with a thin layer of mucus that traps dirt, dust, and pollen and moves steadily to the rear of the nasal cavity and settles in the throat where it is swallowed. Saline nasal rinses carry some of these impurities out of the body before they reach your stomach.
They also keep this protective layer of mucus functioning properly. If the mucus becomes too thick and dry or too thin and runny, it is easier for bacteria and viruses to penetrate the nasal lining and cause the swelling and excess discharge of mucus we call a “cold”. That’s why gargling or sniffing a little salt water at the first sign of a cold is a staple of folk medicine and why health-conscious people in India use a small pot of saline to rinse the nasal passages. The Neti Pot continues these time-tested traditions of hygiene.
Uses For The Nasal Wash
For some people, the nasal wash is as routine as brushing their teeth. Others use it for specific purposes.
- Do the nasal wash to wake up, clear your nostrils, and start the day breathing freely.
- Use it to remove excess mucus when you are experiencing nasal congestion.
- Do it several times a day during the allergy season to rid the nostrils of pollen and other allergens.
- Use the nasal wash when you’ve been exposed to soot, dust, smoke, or other airborne contaminants.
- Use it to dissolve mucus build-up in dry climates or in air-conditioned or heated rooms or after air travel. Do the nasal wash before practicing systematic relaxation techniques or meditation to help you breathe freely and easily through your nose.
- Remember, the nasal wash is not a substitute for medical treatment.
- Anyone with chronic inflammation of the nasal passages or other ear, nose, or throat disorders should seek medical attention.
Five Reasons Why The Neti Pot Makes Sense:
- Soothes dry nasal passages
- Gently washes away dust, pollen, and environmental irritants
- Offsets the effects of breathing dry indoor air (especially in winter)
- Removes excess mucus naturally
- Helps you breathe freer when practicing yoga or meditation
Nasal Irrigation Studies Show:
Nasal wash is an effective way to relieve symptoms and improve the health of patients with sinus problems, and may reduce dependencies on expensive medications.
About The Himalayan Institute
A leader in the field of yoga, meditation, spirituality, and holistic health, the Himalayan Institute is a non-profit, international organization dedicated to serving humanity through educational, spiritual, and humanitarian programs. The Institute and its varied activities and programs exemplify the spiritual heritage of mankind that unites East and West, spirituality and science, and ancient wisdom and modern technology.
Total Health Products
Himalayan Institute Botanicals offers a line of high quality health products to enhance physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing. Many of the herbs used in their formulas are grown in their own certified organic garden using BioVedic farming methods. The Total Health line of products also include the original Neti Pot.