Ultimate Repair Facial Creme Bioactive Calendula + DMAE by Bodyceuticals
Bodyceuticals Ultimate Repair Facial Creme Bioactive Calendula + DMAE 2 oz. (59 ml)
Bodyceuticals Ultimate Repair Facial Cream Bioactive Calendula + DMAE is for normal, dry or sensitive skin. For people who love classic calendula oil, this crème is what you've been searching for - made specifically for your face. It combines the most current natural skin care science with farm-grown nutrition. The highest concentration of fresh calendula resins available in a facial creme for deep repair, collagen and elastin rejuvenation, as well as Hyaluronic acid to hydrate and plump the skin, DMAE and rooibos. Use as both a day/night cream and an eye crème. Ultimate Repair Facial Crème is pH balanced, all natural and vegan, with 90% organic content.
Bodyceuticals Classic Organic Calendula Oil is amazing, multi-purpose skin emulsion made fresh with all vegan, certified organic, wildcrafted, biodynamic and kosher ingredients rich in antioxidants, essential fatty acids and enzymes. Traditional uses for Bodyceuticals Calendula products include:
- Everyday moisturizer for face and body
- Relieves dry, cracked skin
- Soothes extremely sensitive
- Skin inflammation
- Sunburn and windburn
- Minor cuts and scrapes
- Razor burn and shaving
- Rashes and itchy skin
- Radiation burns
- Insect bites
- Scars and stretch marks
- Tattoos and piercing care
- Massage oil
- Vaginal lubrication
- Perianal discomfort
- Nail and cuticle care
- Tattoo and piercing care
- Varicose and spider veins
- New mother & baby care
Studies show that the epidermis, your skin's outermost layer, needs to replace healthy oils every day for a number of reasons, including protecting your organs, keeping your body temperature at the right level as well as your skin soft. These healthy oils can be supplement both internally and externally through your skin.
Sources of oil:
- Mineral oil is manufactured crude oil, not from minerals, and found in many suntan oils, lip balms, baby and body care products. Mineral oil is mainly used because it is inexpensive. According to the Environmental Working Group, studies link it to dry skin and allergies, as well as tumor formation and toxicity.
- Animal oil such as emu or lanolin is often removed from a deceased animal, must then go thru a heating and refining process before it can be used on human skin. These products may pose an issue of ethics for some people.
- Plant oils: At Bodyceuticals use fresh plant oils exclusively in their formulas. These oils are extracted from fruit, nuts and seeds which are all biodegradable and renewable. Supporting plant-based products are one simple way you can help protect the environment as well as take better care of your body's largest organ - the skin.
Olives are actually a fruit that grows on evergreen trees in warm climates all over the world. Many of the fruit-bearing trees living today can be traced back hundreds of years to ancient times. For centuries, the olive branch has been a symbol of peace, cleansing, blessings and grace. The fruit has been applied to wounds, bruises, sores, cuts and all sorts of injuries. It was the choice in Biblical times for tithing and anointing.
Luke, the physician in the New Testament, recounts Jesus' parable of the good Samaritan who finds a man beaten and binds up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine. As seen in the Christian baptism by water, purification is carried out with use of water and olive oil poured into the vessel, crosswise, anointing the newly baptized person.
Olive Oil is virtually the only oil that can be consumed in its raw virgin state, and when properly prepared, maintains the nutrients of the ripe fruit.
Most vegetable carrier oils used in skincare have long chain molecules too large to penetrate to deep levels. Their therapeutic value is mainly for the surface treatment of skin. The olive is one of the only exceptions to this, as it contains small essential aromatic molecules. It is both an essential oil (from the fruit) and a fatty oil (from the seed) making it unique.
Bodyceuticals Olives are harvested using traditional means. The olive tree blossoms in the spring with harvest taking place in the fall. The farmers shake the tree and gather the olives into baskets or nets - or pull the fruit off the tree by hand. It is carried in vegetable fiber sacks to the cooperative oil mill right after harvesting.
The oil is drained using a gravity collection method so that the fruit's constituents are kept intact. There is no heat used in processing - it is a cold process. The oils that is collected in the first drippings, which is called extra virgin. Later oil drained is called just virgin. First grade olive oil is the most expensive and prized like a fine wine. The precious oil is then stored in stainless containers. Unlike other oils on the market that have been deodorized, decolored and stripped of their precious nutrients, you can smell how rich this oil is! The olive oil Bodyceuticals use in their body care products is fresh and golden, kosher, certified organic, and first cold-pressed, extra virgin and unrefined.
In this state, olive oil products contain an array of beneficial nutrients including antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin K, essential fatty acids, plant sterolins, chlorophyll, carotenoids and natural enzymes which can have documented benefits for the body - both inside and out.
Calendula officinalis has been used for centuries on multiple continents and is one of the most versatile herbs in the plant kingdom. This healing phenom is known as the "flower of the sun." Calendula has an amazing history of documented healing. Its most outstanding distinction is its ability to heal the skin. It has no known drug interactions, no toxic effects, and no adverse effects for long term use.
Five major steps occur in your skin's healing process. According to the International Herb Association's book, "Calendula - 2008 Herb of the Year," calendula with its potent and complex array of phytonutrients helps facilitate the skin's restorative cycle. The first thing that must be done with injured tissue is to prevent infection. Calendula inhibits bacterial, viral and fungal microorganisms. Calendula reduces inflammation of the tissue by inhibiting lypoxygenase, and enzyme that damages cell wall structure. It contains high amounts of flavonoids, plant-based antioxidants that protect the body against free radical cell damage. It's amazing effective on sunburn. A wound needs to be cleared of its dead cells, and calendula stimulates the appetite of lymphocytes, which helps rid the wound from this debris. Calendula goes to work to increase the collagen level in a wound, prevents the formation of scar tissue and assists the healing tissue in remaining supple. Calendula stimulates angiogenic activity - the growth of new blood vessels and nerve cells in tissue. The sooner high potency calendula is used following skin trauma, the less scarring will occur or even be prevented.
The chemical compounds in calendula's resin include: many fatty acid esters, carotenoids including Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, lutein (it's golden color) and lycopene, flavonoids (antioxidant that protect cells against damage), quercetin (anti-inflammatory), rutin (antioxidant), ubiquinone (CoQ10), iodine and manganese. Calendula oil is a popular choice for many of today's skin conditions.
Bodyceuticals loves citrus.
Citrus oils are in most of the SPABODY and BODYCOCKTAIL products. Essential oils from fruits, flowers and grasses are a wonderful way to uplift your spirits on a daily basis. They help with the "winter blues" and their sparkly fresh scent evokes cleanliness, energy, love, peace, balance and overall happiness.
People are really only beginning to see the effects of radiation and electricity on the human body. In this fast paced world where many people work indoors, it is important to remember to "bring the outdoors in." Using essential oils are one way to do this. Some of the best oils for high tech environments are the citrus oils. In these environments, essential oils may increase the effectiveness of negative ions and address getting the mind and body back in balance.
Pink grapefruit, lemon, lime and orange are top notes which are like the "excitement of love." Usually these notes hit your sense of smell first. They are intense - sharp and sweet. Neroli and lemongrass are middle notes or the "heart notes. They grow on you. They rest in the middle - not too light, not too heavy and are extremely therapeutic. Here are some helpful traditional uses for the citrus oils:
- Pink Grapefruit: a stimulating, sweet-tart aroma that helps balance skin. Energizing and helpful for fatigue and post-workout. Shown to assist in treating cellulite. Helpful for frequent fliers and jet lag. Known to help with PMS symptoms. Especially good for acneic and combination skin.
- Neroli orange blossom: a rare and precious oil ideal for sensitive, dry and mature skin. Comes from hand-picked blossoms from the bitter orange tree in Tunisia and India. Scent is like orange blossoms with cool hints of green. Promotes peace and balance. A known aphrodisiac - a good wedding gift idea. Soothing to sensitive and mature skin. Especially good oil for neglected hands. May be helpful for insomnia and to use during stress. May be useful for PMS. Grapefruit and Neroli work well together. A good oil to use with expectant mothers. Neroli makes an excellent delivery room oil. It provides a welcoming aroma for baby and assistance for mom. It works on the nervous system to help to facilitate easy breathing ... especially during panting. Its calming effect increases oxygen to the blood and brain - helps to avoid hyperventilation. It also helps bring confidence, calm, and even known to help the "baby blues." Neroli oil is known to help with stretch marks.
- Lemon: A sweet, clean scent that is restorative to unbalanced skin. The scent is almost identical to the fresh, peeled fruit. A cheerful scent that can assist with concentration. Is known to increase productivity. Brings an element of purity and warm energy due to its yellow color. A natural astringent, adds shine to hair. Balances sebaceous glands that help oil-blemished skin.
- Lime oil: A refreshing and clearing scent great for acne-prone skin. Known to help refresh and clear the mind. May help relieve anxiety and apathy. Nonirritating disinfectant for the skin. Use for hand and fingernail care as well as after cleansing hands. Has been shown to assist mild headaches and when detoxing the body.
- Orange: A refreshing, familiar aroma that evoke feelings of "summer." On the skin, it can reduces puffiness, and assists the release of toxins. A superb oil to use during the winter months. Great for kids.
What's Not In Bodyceuticals:
- Mineral Oil & Petroleum: Manufactured from crude oil. A mixture of liquid hydrocarbon separated from petroleum. Petrolatum jelly, paraffin, and propylene glycol are common cosmetic forms of mineral oil. Petroleum jelly, a mineral oil derivative, may interfere with the body's own moisturizing mechanism, leading to dryness. Evidence of toxicity, linked to skin and blood tumor formations. Found in many suntan oils and baby products. Not an eco-friendly ingredient.
- Propylene Glycol: A cosmetic form of mineral oil. Alters skin structure, allowing other chemicals to penetrate deeper into the skin and reach the bloodstream. Found in industrial anti-freeze, automatic brake and hydraulic fluid. Warnings that contact with the skin can cause kidney and liver damage. Known to cause allergic reactions, hives and eczema.
- Methyl, Propyl, Butyl and Ethyl Paraben: Used to extend shelf life of products. Widely used even though they are known to be toxic. Studies have shown that they can be absorbed by the body through the skin. Significant concentrations found in breast tumors. May increase risk for impaired fertility and may alter development of a fetus. Some research is now linking these chemicals with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other immune suppressing disorders.
- F, D & C Colors: Foods, Drugs and Cosmetics colors, most of which contain synthetic coal tar substances and other toxic chemicals. Used to color body products. Not a necessary ingredient to make a product effective. Bodyceuticals use fresh oils that naturally have their own color.
- Diazolidinyl and Imidazolidinyl Urea: Widely used preservatives that the American Academy of Dermatology has found them to be a primary cause of contact dermatitis. May contain harmful impurities that may lead to itching, burning, scaling, hives, and blistering of skin.
BodyCeuticals Loves Bees
A strong and sweet honey scent is filling the Bodyceuticals lab as they open up today's box of fresh local beeswax. The sweet smell is quite intoxicating. Bodyceuticals treks all over the great Pacific Northwest to visit local beekeepers and support their efforts to take care of the bees. They inspect the hives to ensure they are healthy and the bees are happy in their environment. From there, they hand-select the wax blocks and bring it back so that they can use it in salves and balms. They're so proud to be able to offer this caliber of freshness and service to customers.
People don't understand how important this honey bee is. One-third of all the food we eat is derived from honeybee pollination. The honey bee is a major pollinator of many food crops, including almonds, apples, avocados, blueberries, cantaloupes, cherries, cranberries, cucumbers, sunflowers, watermelon and many others. Bodyceuticals wants to do their part to support local beekeepers in the area so they may continue their good work for everyone!
Raw beeswax has been used to treat wounds throughout history. It is a by-product created by honeybees in the construction of hives. Worker bees consume honey and the wax-producing glands they possess turn the sugar into wax. Beeswax is rich in Vitamin A, which is essential for human cell development. It has anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant, anti-microbial and antibacterial properties. Salves and lip balms often contain beeswax. These moisturizers contain other oils, such olive as what's found in Bodyceuticals calendula salve and lip balm and the result is an emollient that does an excellent job of soothing and softening the skin. It also protects the skin because it's water resistant. It's safe for most skin types and contrary to what you might think, it works even on acne and pimples. Beeswax is so safe and mild that baby products and those with the most sensitive skin can use the ingredient.
Raw beeswax comes in many different colors and strengths of the characteristic honey scent. The color and scent of beeswax are determined by the type of pollen taken from the flowers the bees pollinated.
Bodyceuticals owns their own calendula fields that are locally grown at the base of a pristine mountain in the Pacific Northwest. Their calendula is 100% wildcrafted and organic. Bodyceuticals knows how precious the Earth is, and they are committed to its preservation.
All Bodyceuticals packaging is recyclable or reusable, and they avoid extra packaging like boxes. These products contain no petrochemicals or mineral oil, and all items come from vegan and renewable plant sources - no animal products. Bodyceuticals buys from small, sustainable, family-owned farms. They believe in creating jobs for local people, so all of these products are handcrafted. They use cleaner, renewable energy sources and support local energy projects, including wind, solar and biomass.
Wildlife passes through the Bodyceutical fields - including elk and deer - and these fields are only planted with non-GMO seeds to ensure quality and diversity.
Bodyceuticals believes in healthy agriculture, so there is mineral-rich well water on the property, as well as organic and healthy soil with a compost of herbs and manure. Bodyceuticals farmers plant and harvest by the biodynamic calendar.
Bodyceuticals grows multiple types of calendula officinalis, and handpick flowers at the peak of the day to maintain optimum freshness. Calendula is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids.
Bodyceuticals guarantees that all of their artisan products are crafted with superior ingredients and the highest integrity manufacturing processes. As health store owners, they understand how important investing in your health is. They've found that when you use quality products, not only does a little go a long way, but the benefits are life-long. When you support these products, you are also supporting all the organic farmers, artisans and families that go with it. Bodyceuticals uses organic, wild-crafted, kosher, raw and nutrient-dense ingredients with organic certifications. They use therapeutic-grade essential oils. Their calendula products are crafted using no electromagnetic machinery to disrupt their energetic properties. All products are made in a lab to ensure superior quality and are tested for pH and purity. They use only stainless steel and glass in the manufacturing process - never aluminum containers or utensils. The products are made in small batches just days before they are shipped - no refrigeration required.
Angelique Macris Saffle is the president and founder of Bodyceuticals Organic Bodycare in Carnation, Washington. Angelique's passion for organic bodycare began in the 80s, when she and her mother co-founded Nature's Marketplace Nutrition, a health food store in North Bend, Washington. "During the 20 years of experience in the Natural Products Industry, I studied herbs and nutrition. I was mentored by an aromatherapist and other amazing teachers, including my father, an organic farmer who grew grapes in his homeland, Greece. Eventually, I began formulating products I wanted to use on my own skin, because often times I just couldn't find the nutrient-dense ingredients in bodycare that I was personally looking for. That's how bodyceuticals was born."
Angelique originally founded Bodyceuticals with a focus on using the calendula flower in bodycare products. She grew the business organically, making products for herself and sharing them with friends and family. She successfully expanded her business to achieve nationwide distribution, with happy repeat health food retailers, spas and individual followers throughout the United States. The bodyceuticals team now includes herbalists and formulators along with an education and customer service team to support retailers on a national level.
Bodyceuticals now has their own organic calendula fields at the base of a beautiful mountain in the pristine Snoqualmie Valley. Here they grown and harvest the antioxidant-rich calendula flowers that they put in their products. "Getting back to my family's farming roots is personally rewarding and something we are very proud of. It's a blessing to offer these amazing flowers in some way to our customers. Through the years, I have personally witnessed some incredible experiences from "flower power!" We are grateful for the bodyceuticals family, and it's an honor every time someone shares a success story with us about our products. With God's grace, we'll continue to help make a difference in people's lives, as well as help our planet."
"The friendship of those we serve is the foundation of our progress."
That quote is from a plaque that hung in the original family bakery for over 40 years. They still have the original plaque hanging proudly in the Bodyceutical business office today - it still reminds them daily about the committments to the customers, themselves, their values and the world.
Bodyceuticals Mission: To provide the freshest quality products, and do it with passion, concern for others and the environment.
Bodyceuticals Core Values:
- Manufacture quality products
- Support organic farms and ingredients
- Support environmental causes
- Be an asset to the community
- Give back