Resveratrol by Michael's Naturopathic Programs
Michael's Naturopathic Programs Resveratrol 200 mg - 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Michael's Naturopathic Resveratrol - a colorful antioxidant found in red wine, grapes, peanuts, chocolate, and several other foods - has received plenty of recent attention, as previous research has found that it supports heart health. A preliminary study has also found that taking Michael's Naturopathic Resveratrol led to improved blood sugar control, insulin sensitivity, and blood vessel function in older people with high blood sugar levels.
Better Blood Sugar Control after Michael's Naturopathic Resveratrol
At the end of a study, fasting blood sugar levels remained unchanged, but several other signs of improvement were noted:
- Post-meal blood sugar levels were markedly reduced. This suggests that the participants had better blood sugar control.
- Post-meal insulin levels were also reduced. When considered along with the fact that blood sugar levels were also down, this indicates an increase in insulin sensitivity.
- There was a small but significant improvement in after-meal blood vessel function at the end of the study. This means blood vessels were better able to constrict and dilate in response to blood flow changes.
- Early but promising findings
"Together, these results suggest that resveratrol shows promise as a new therapeutic strategy for an important and highly-prevalent metabolic disorder," the study's authors said. "This study provides the first evidence in humans that resveratrol may possess clinically relevant effects on glucose metabolism and vascular function."
The researchers pointed out that their findings must be considered preliminary and need to be confirmed in placebo-controlled studies. They also noted that the study was too small to say whether there were different effects due to the different amounts of resveratrol used.
Eat Your Resveratrol
Resveratrol is found in a number of healthy foods, which may also be high in fiber, essential fatty acids, and other antioxidants that contribute to better insulin sensitivity, blood sugar maintenance, and vascular health. Here are some things to consider if you want to increase your resveratrol intake:
- Consider a supplement. The amounts of resveratrol used in this and other studies are as much as 1,000 to 2,000 times higher than you can get from eating reasonable amounts of these foods. So, if you want to use resveratrol as a treatment, talk to your doctor about whether a supplement is a better idea for you.
- Raise a glass of red wine. Red wine is the most concentrated source of resveratrol, and the longer the grape skins are left in during the fermentation process, the higher the resveratrol content. White wine has some, too, but much less.
- Choose grape juice. Red grape juice has about half as much resveratrol as red wine, but without the alcohol. If your blood sugar levels have been high, however, you're better off avoiding all juices.
- Chew on some peanuts. Two ounces of peanuts is similar in resveratrol content to a fluid ounce of red wine. Sprouted peanuts have even more.
- Pour on the berries. Blueberries, bilberries, cranberries, and mulberries all have some resveratrol. Eat them raw-heating depletes their resveratrol.
- Enjoy some dark chocolate. Cocoa powder, baking chocolate, and dark chocolate provide small amounts of resveratrol. A small piece if dark chocolate is a nice treat, but pass on the more sugary chocolates if your blood sugar levels have been high.
Michael Schwartz, President of Michael's Naturopathic Programs, has worked in the natural food industry since 1975 as a sales rep, a retailer, teacher and naturopathic counselor and as a producer of nutritional supplements and other products. His first naturopathic formulas, designed to nourish and support the body in its natural return to harmony and good health, were created originally for family, friends and clients. These naturopathic formulas and the nearly 100 products offered today, are designed to be synergistically complete. They contain all the nutrients in the right amounts plus the proper combinations to produce optimal results.
Michael also pioneered gender-specific supplements, inspired by formulas he created for his wife and children in 1987. His belief in the principles of naturopathy has led him to rule out offering anything not in the true spirit of health, such as hormone-based or glandular-containing products or fads. Michael's Naturopathic Programs uses only "tried and true" formulas based on basic principles of healing.
Michael's Naturopathic Programs, established in 1984, is known for formulas based on naturopathic principles. Almost exclusively vegetarian and kosher; no artificial binders or excipients; wheat-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free always. Their products are GMP certified, non-GMO, and in many cases vegan. Organic ingredients may be used when available and reliable. They are committed to the traditional natural foods industry and its healthy longevity.
Blood Pressure Factors is Michael's Naturopathic Programs #1 product and has been for over 20 years. Their mission statement: "Dedicated to healing the world, one person at a time by eliminating the interference of disease."
What Is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy traces its roots to Greek, European, and Chinese medical traditions. It shares the beliefs from these ancient cultures of an underlying life force - a force that, when nourished, allows the body to heal itself. Simply put, it is a system best described as "Following the Path of Nature". It uses traditional healing modalities found in nature from around the world. Since its inception nutrition has been the mainstay of naturopathic methods, often employing herbs as medicines. True naturopathy is a form of healing that looks at health and disease from a very different perspective and employs the basic elements of earth, water, air, sunshine and nutrients in their most natural states to achieve its goals.
The underlying principle of naturopathy, "to heal in harmony with the natural functions of the body without harm," highlights its appeal. This harmony is exactly what sets it apart from conventional Western/Allopathic methods - it is also what distinguishes it from what it is often confused with, the better-known "homeopathic" medicine. While both systems share a deep commitment in treating the cause of the disease, homeopathy is a system of medicine based on the concept that "like cures like," stimulating the body into a healing responsive mode.
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) capsule daily with a meal. Dosage may be increased as directed by a medical practitioner.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if seal is missing or broken.
About Michael's Naturopathic Programs
MICHAEL'S® NATUROPATHIC PROGRAMS COMBINE SOME OF TODAY'S MOST ADVANCED CONSTITUENTS (ESTER-C®/ OPTIZINC®/ CHROMEMATE), WITH TRADITIONAL HERBS TO CREATE THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SUPPLEMENTS AVAILABLE. THE LINE INCLUDES PROGRAMS FROM PRENATAL TO INFANT TO SENIORS, AS WELL AS OVER 30 TOTAL BODY CONSCIOUS CONDITION SPECIFIC PROGRAMS, KNOWN AS THE FACTORS OF LIFE® TARGETED NUTRITIONAL PROGRAMS. MICHAEL'S® PRODUCES MORE THAN 100 PRODUCTS IN CATEGORIES AS SUPPLEMENT PROGRAMS, MINERALS, SPECIALTY ITEMS, COSMETICS AND SALVES.
6003 Randolph Blvd.