Ultrasonic Warm And Cool Mist Humidifier UHE-OW14 by HoMedics
HoMedics Ultrasonic Cool And Warm Mist Humidifier UHE-OW14
Homedics Ultrasonic Cool And Warm Mist Humidifier helps create the ideal room climate for healthier breathing. The elegant 25" tall design brings mist closer to the user, and can be placed on floor or table. The innovative on/off oscillating head can make 120 degrees of motorized oscillation, or you can target the nozzle in one fixed direction. Clean Mist anti-microbial technology helps prevent the growth of molds and mildews on the surface of the easy-to-remove 1.4 gallon tank. The Ultrasonic Cool And Warm Humidifier has up to 60 hours of run time per filling, and the Ultrasonic technology makes for a virtually silent operation. The Ultrasonic Humidifier has adjustable mist control, and auto shut-off protection when the tank is empty. Demineralization cartridge included.
Home Environment Humidifiers
Create the ideal room climate for healthier breathing in any room in your house with HoMedics humidifiers and Professional HEPA Air Cleaners. HoMedics cool or warm mist humidifiers have innovated on/off oscillating heads to ensure an even distribution or a targeted fixed direction.
Since HoMedics was founded in 1987, they have become the #1 name in health and wellness. HoMedics' extensive line of personal wellness products allow you to relax your body, renew your spirit and simplify your life. As the innovative leader in self-care, wellness and personal health products, HoMedics continues to strive to provide you with products that promote your well-being.
Changing the Face of Wellness
HoMedics believes that nothing is more important than your health. HoMedics' revolutionary products and ideas have transformed the world of personal wellness for consumers worldwide. And HoMedics continues to invest in the latest technological advances to provide you with the most innovative personal well-being products available.
The Quality You Demand
HoMedics stands by their products. Each one is created with the highest quality components and is quality crafted for years of dependable use.
Create Your Own Oasis With HoMedics
HoMedics offers an extensive assortment of personal wellness products that are created to help you restore the balance to your life. With HoMedics products, it's easy to be proactive in the maintenance of your health and well-being. So discover the new era of personal wellness with HoMedics. HoMedics looks forward to bringing you better health for years to come.
Operation and Maintenance:
- Do not repair or adjust the unit. Servicing must be performed by professional or qualified personnel.
- Do not operate any appliance with an aging, knotted or damaged cord or plug, the replacement must be performed by the manufacturer, service center, or qualified professional personnel.
- Stop use if there is an unusual noise or smell. Servicing should be performed by qualified personnel only.
- Humidifier should be unplugged when not in use for a long period of time.
- Do not touch the water in the main unit or the parts in the water when the unit is on.
- Never operate unit without water in the tank. Only use water in the tanks.
- Never add any additive to the water that is not produced or under the supervision of the manufacturer.
- Do not wash, adjust or move the humidifier without first unplugging the unit from its electrical outlet.
- Keep the appliance out of reach from children. Do not allow children to use the appliance without supervision.
This appliance has a polarized plus (one blade wider than the other). To reduce the risk of chock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. To do so could result in an electric shock hazard.
Plug unit in to a 120 volt AC electrical outlet. Turn the POWER knob clockwise to turn unit on. When the water in the tank is almost empty the red indicator light in the tank will turn on and the power will shut off to indicate to the user to refill water.
Mist Adjustment Setting
Mist adjusts from Lowest output to Highest output. To increase the mist output, turn the MIST knob clockwise. To decrease mist output, turn the MIST knob counter-clockwise.
Press the NIGHT LIGHT button to turn on the night light. The light at the bottom of the water tank will turn on, illuminating the tank.
When the humidifier is producing mist, press the OSCILLATION ON/OFF button to turn on the motorized oscillation feature. The nozzle at the top of the unit will oscillate in a 120 degree range from side to side. To target the nozzle and mist in a fixed direction, press the OSCILLATION ON/OFF button when the nozzle is at the desired position and the nozzle will stop and direct mist to the desired area only.
- Note: The oscillation feature will not operate if the humidifying function is not operating. Oscillation feature will only work when mist is being produced.
How To Fill:
Before filling unit with water, turn power off and unplug unit from outlet.
- Remove the oscillation nozzle. To remove the nozzle, turn the ring on the bottom of the nozzle to the left until the Locator icons on the head, ring and base all line up and are aligned with the UNLOCK position. Lift up to remove the nozzle and set aside.
- Raise the flip-up handle on the water tank and remove the tank from the humidifier base by lifting it up and away.
- Turn the tank upside down - remove the tank cap by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Fill the water tank with clean, cool (not cold) tap water. HoMedics recommends using distilled water if you live in a hard water area.
- Replace the tank cap by turning clockwise until tight.
- Install the tank back on the base of the unit. Make sure the tank is firmly seated.
- Place the oscillating nozzle back on the unit making sure that the locator icons on the head and ring are aligned with the locator icon on the base above the UNLOCK icon.
- Lock into place by turning the ring to the right until the locator icon is aligned with the LOCK position.
Cleaning and Care:
Before cleaning the unit, turn power off and unplug unit from the outlet.
- Tank Cleaning: Remove the oscillation nozzle. To remove the nozzle, turn the ring on the bottom of the nozzle to the left until the locator icons on the head, ring and base all line up and are aligned with the UNLOCK position. Loft up to remove the nozzle and set aside. Remove the water tank from the humidifier base by lifting it by the flip-up handle. Unscrew the tank cap; wipe the tank with a soft cloth then wash it with clean water.
- Suggestion: Clean the water tank once every two to three weeks, depending on your water conditions.
- Ultrasonic Nebulizer Cleaning: Put small amount of mild dish soap on the surface of the ultrasonic nebulizer, then pour in some water and soak for 5 minutes. Brush clean with soft bristle brush (not included) and rinse.
- Surface Cleaning: Clean the surface of the unit with a clean damp soft cloth.
When using electrical products, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed. Read all instructions before using.
To Reduce The Risk Of Electric Shock:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in shower.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep dry - DO NOT operate in a wet or moist condition.
- DO NOT use water above 86 degrees fahrenheit.
To Reduce The Risk Of Burns, Fire, Electric Shock Or Injury To Persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in the instruction manual.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics' Product Return Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Always place the humidifier on a firm, flat, level surface.
- Please hold the water tank firmly with both hands when carrying a full tank of water.
- NEVER use humidifier in an environment where explosive gases are present.
- DO NOT place the humidifier near heat sources, such as a stove and do not expose the humidifier to direct sunlight.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the power cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the "OFF" position, then remove plug from outlet. This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
- DO NOT use outdoors. For indoor use only.
- DO NOT overfill with water.
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
- Perform regular maintenance of the Ultrasonic Nebulizer.
- Avoid contact with detergent to your mouth and eyes. If contact occurs, use clean water to wash immediately. If serious, contact poison control or seek medical treatment.
- Never use detergent to clean the Ultrasonic Nebulizer that is not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never scrape the Ultrasonic Nebulizer with a hard object to clean.
Unique Features and Specifications:
- Ultrasonic Technology - This humidifier uses ultrasonic high frequency technology to convert water into 1-5 million super particles that are dispersed into the air evenly. These particles then combine with the ions generated by the humidifier to moisten the air.
- Oscillating Head - The humidifier features a motorized nozzle that oscillates 120 degrees. The oscillating head can also be stopped at any point in the oscillation cycle to target the mist in a specific direction.
- Night Light - A useful night light feature is included for your convenience.
- Auto Shut Off Protection - When the tank is empty the unit will shut off automatically.
- Overheat Protection - This humidifier is equipped with a non-resettable fuse in case of overheating. If the non-resettable fuse has been activated, operation cannot be resumed. The fuse will need to be replaced by an authorized service personnel.
- Ultrasonic Nebulizer - The humidifier utilizes special spray techniques and the ultrasonic nebulizer is easy to clean for lifetime use.
- Voltage - 12-V/60Hz
- Watts - 23
- Tank Capacity - 1 gallon - 3.78 liter
Since HoMedics was founded in 1987, the company has developed an extensive line of personal wellness products that allow you to relax your body, renew your spirit and simplify your life. As the innovative leader in self-care, wellness and personal health products, HoMedics continues to strive to provide you with products that promote your well-being. HoMedics offers an extensive assortment of personal wellness products that are created to help you restore the balance between your mind, body and soul. With these products, it's easy to be proactive in the maintenance of your health and well-being.
3000 Pontiac Trail, Dept. 168
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
I brought at least 5 humidifiers in my life. I have to say this product is the best one I brought, the price is very reasonable compared to the others I see at stores, and its free shipping. Its a great deal.
Everything said about this product is true. Its quiet, and easy to use. In my opinion I think this product is beautiful and should relax you. In my case, I put my humidifier in the big living-room that's, connected to the dinning room. Its very useful and the water lasts long.