L-Carnitine by Carlson Labs
Carlson Labs L-Carnitine 300 mg - 90 Capsules
Carlson Labs L-Carnitine is made in the body from the amino acids lysine and methionine. Carlson Labs L-Carnitine is needed to release energy from fat. Carlson Labs L-Carnitine transports fatty acids into mitochondria, the powerhouses of cells. In infancy, and in situations of high energy needs, such as pregnancy and breast-feeding, the need for L-carnitine can exceed production by the body. Therefore, Carlson Labs L-Carnitine is considered a "conditionally essential" nutrient.
L-Carnitine is a vitamin-like amino acid derivative. It plays an important role for maintaining energy production by transporting long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondrial matrix to be burned for energy. This function supports physical performance and weight management. Therefore, L-Carnitine and its esters, such as Acetyl-L-Carnitine and Propionyl-L-Carnitine, have received growing attentions for their uses in cardiovascular and neurological health.
L-Carnitine, along with its natural ester acylcarnitine, forms a critical part of the endogenous (natural to the body) carnitine pool in various tissues of mammals. The total L-Carnitine in human body is about 20 g, in which 98% is present in the skeletal and cardiac tissues, 1.4% in the liver and kidneys and 0.6% in extracellular fluids and other tissues. Of all these carnitine pools in the human body, about 25% are produced from the amino acids lysine and methionine and about 75% is derived directly from dietary sources such as meat, poultry, fish, and milk; with small amounts in wheat and avocados. So people with a limited diet of meat and dairy products tend to have lower L-Carnitine intakes.
L-Carnitine is a "conditionally essential" nutrient and a rare genetic disorder of L-carnitine metabolism causes carnitine deficiency, which is known to have major deleterious effects on the central nervous system. The limited intake of L-Carnitine can cause toxic accumulations of free fatty acids and the loss of energy. L-Carnitine is used worldwide as an effective treatment for carnitine deficiency and also has various nutritional and pharmaceutical applications. Several oral formulations, such as liquids, tablets and capsules, are available in the current market.
Carlson Labs Excipients
- Binder: Holds the ingredients in a tablet together. One of three types of binders are used as required: Plant fiber known as cellulose, acacia gum from the stem of the Acacia tree or brazil wax from the leaves of a palm tree.
- Filler: Fills out the size and shape of a tablet or capsule making it practical to produce and convenient for the consumer to use. Plant cellulose (pure plant filler) is the filler of choice in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules. Soybean or safflower oil is used in soft gelatin capsules.
- Disintegrant: Expands when wet causing the tablet to break apart in the digestive tract releasing the nutrients for absorption. We prefer to use plant cellulose as a disintegrant.
- Lubricant: Prevents ingredients from clumping together and from sticking to the tablet punches or capsule filler. Common minerals, silica, and forms of vegetable oils known as vegetable stearin, magnesium stearate or stearic acid are the most often used lubricants in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules.
- Coating: Protects tablet ingredients from deterioration by moisture in the air and makes large tablets easier to swallow. For most coated tablets, a cellulose (plant fiber) film coating is used which is free of sugar and potential allergy-causing substances. Occasionally, other coating materials are used such as corn protein (zein) or an extraction from trees (pharmaceutical glaze).
- Sweeteners: Added to make the nutrients more palatable only in chewable tablets or liquids. Sweeteners found naturally in fruits such as fructose and sorbitol are chosen. More information on fructose and sorbitol can be sent to you upon request.
- Flavors and Colors: Added to improve the taste or appearance of a formulation. We use flavors and colors only when necessary and choose the natural ones.
Vitamins are organic compounds that are necessary for normal growth and maintenance of life. As we are unable to synthesize vitamins, we must rely on foods and food supplements to maintain adequate amounts in our body.
Thirteen essential vitamins have been isolated and these are divided into two categories, water-soluble and fat -soluble vitamins. The water-soluble vitamins include Vitamin C and the group of B-Vitamins. These water-soluble are not stored by the body and can be readily depleted. The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E remain in the body for longer periods of time.
Although minerals make up only a small fraction of total body weight (4-5%), they are essential for human metabolism. Minerals act as the catalysts for many biochemical reactions within the human body. They are involved in responses of the nervous system and muscles, the absorption and secretions of the body's fluids, and maintain a delicate water balance within the body. The bones and teeth of our body have high mineral contents which accounts for their hardness and rigidity. Minerals, like vitamins, must also be supplied by dietary means as we are unable to synthesize them in our body.
About Carlson Labs
Founded by John and Susan Carlson in 1965, Carlson Laboratories has been a family owned and operated business for over 40 years. Since no one cares more about quality than the people who put their names on it, Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the highest quality nutritional supplements.
Carlson Laboratories began with one vitamin E formula. Since then, the line has grown to become the most complete line of natural vitamin E products in the world. Carlson Laboratories product range has expanded through the years to meet the nutritional needs of their customers. Carlson's product lines now include award-winning Norwegian fish oils, a full line of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, special formulations and nutritional supplements.
All Carlson Nutritional Supplements Are:
- Artificial Dye-Free
Carlson Laboratories professional sales force offers individual and personalized service including: staff training, brochures, posters, sample packets and in-store promotions to increase sales. Carlson Laboratories also sponsors radio shows, co-op advertising and free lectures.
Take one capsule one to four times daily.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
About Carlson Labs
Carlson Laboratories has devoted over 30 years to building a sound reputation for vitamin E products by dedicating ourselves to the highest standards of excellence. Our concern for your good health led us to develop a complete line of vitamins, minerals, and other nutritional supplements. With an extensive line of over 250 different nutritional supplements, Carlson has an innovative formula for your specific needs.
15 W. College Dive