Pet-Ease For Dogs by Nutri-Vet
Nutri-Vet Pet-Ease For Dogs 60 Liver Chewables
Nutri Vet Pet Ease For Dogs Liver Chewables contain a veterinary formulated blend of herbs and amino acids that helps keep dogs calm and relaxed. Nutrivet Pet Ease For Dogs helps maintain contentment during separation, travel, and tension caused by changes in a dog's daily routine and may curb destructive behavior and motion sickness.
- Chamomile's high content of the amino acid tryptophan provides a calming effect. It also contains high amounts of calcium and magnesium as well as iron, zinc, flavonoids and essential oils.
- Hops act to counter nervousness and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Ginger is well-known for relieving indigestion and nausea and has been used with pets that become carsick when traveling.
- Taurine is an amino acid that plays a major role in the brain as an "inhibitory" neurotransmitter. Taurine provides a similar anti-anxiety effect that helps to calm or stabilize an excited brain.
- Tryptophan helps the body produce serotonin, a remarkable chemical that acts as a calming agent in the brain.
Nutri-Vet offers a variety of veterinary formulated supplements that provide a unique combination of ingredients that gently relax dogs without heavy hypnotic effects. Each product was developed to help ease dogs through stressful events and keep them calm and relaxed, especially during travel, boarding, visitors, storms, visits to veterinarian and new environments.
What is the "Natural Smoke Flavor" in your soft chews for dogs?
Natural smoke flavor is made by spraying smoke from a wood fire with water and condensing it into a liquid. The undesirable components separate from the water-soluble smoke and are then filtered and removed, and the healthful and flavorful parts, being water-soluble, are retained in the condensate. The process is natural and yields only the natural, healthy, flavor-rich smoke elements in liquid form.
Can I give my senior dog aspirin?
Aspirin, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, or NSAID, is ok for the temporary relief of pain. However, according to a report in the 1999 New England Journal of Medicine, NSAIDS were the 15th leading cause of death in people in the US. Reporting of adverse drug reactions in pets is rarely done by veterinarians or pet owners, so finding information on NSAID reactions is difficult. Based upon the experience of many veterinarians, reactions to medicines including antibiotics, corticosteroids and NSAIDS seem to be at least as common in pets as they are in people. Using NSAIDS wisely, on an as-needed basis, and relying instead on a natural joint supplement for chronic therapy, is the safest approach to treating arthritis in both people and pets.
What's with all the anxious animals lately?
The anxiety levels of animals seems to be on the upswing, and subsequently more veterinarians are prescribing sedatives and calming drugs like Prozac, that unfortunately tends to produce sleepy, lethargic pets. Supplements containing blends of natural herbs or mixtures of chamomile, ginger and tryptophan help reduce anxieties without sluggishness and disorientation.
I feed my old Golden a dog food containing glucosamine and chondroitin. Is it OK to give him Nutri-Vet Hip & Joint Biscuits?
It is generally accepted by veterinarians that larger, older breeds predisposed to joint conditions may benefit from 500 mg of glucosamine once or twice daily. Many brands of premium pet food sold in pet specialty stores contain only 200 to 800 mg of glucosamine per kg (2.2 pounds) of food - not body weight - thus making it difficult for dogs to ingest sufficient levels to promote joint flexibility and maintain healthy joint connective tissue without overeating.
How does Green Grass work?
Nutri-Vet Green Grass is formulated to neutralize nitrogenous waste and maintain slightly acidic urine pH. The key components are an extract of the Yucca Schidigera plant and dl-methionine, a sulfur-containing essential amino acid. Yucca contains natural saponins and glycoproteins that bind ammonia in urine (and feces) to prevent lawn burn. It is about 80-85% effective. Several key factors contribute to the likeliness of lawn burn, such as:
- High nitrogen content from concentrated urine.
- More urine deposits, the larger the dog
- Heavily fertilized grass already containing high amounts of nitrogen.
- Lawns exposed to heat, sun, drought or disease are more sensitive to burn possibilities.
- Certain types of grass, such as Kentucky Bluegrass and Bermuda Grass are more susceptible to lawn burn then other types such as Fescue or Perennial Ryegrass.
- Lawn Health is compromised by basic (high pH) urine from your dog.
Are Omega-3 fatty acids as important for dogs as they are for people?
Dogs, like people, can produce some but not all of the fatty acids they need. The essential fatty acids (EFAs) that cannot be created within an animal's body must be obtained from food or supplements. Although most pet foods contain omega-6 fatty acid in the form of linoleic acid, the levels of omega-3 which optimize skin and coat conditions, as well as promote canine health and vitality may not be sufficient.
My 8 year old dog (a spayed female) is beginning to leak urine while she sleeps. Is she in trouble?
Probably not. Urinary incontinence means that an animal cannot totally control its ability to urinate. Although a "leaky bladder" is sometimes observed in puppies, it is most commonly seen in middle-aged to older female dogs. The exact cause is unknown, because this problem is usually a response to estrogen or testosterone supplementation following spaying or neutering. It appears that hormones are involved in maintaining bladder and urethral tone.
I noticed that your Bladder Control Supplement contains pumpkinseed and soy. Why is that?
Pumpkin seed helps strengthen bladder muscles, while supporting normal relieving of the bladder. Soy protein contains isoflavones that help maintain bladder muscle tone after spaying or associated cause with low estrogen levels in elderly dogs.
I love the effectiveness of Nutri-Vet's Wound Lotion. What makes it so effective?
Benzalkonium chloride is a fast acting anti-infective agent with a moderately long duration of action. Aloe contains enzymes, proteins and growth factors that work together to reduce inflammation of the injured area, while improving the rate of protein formation in wounds and pain reduction. Vitamin E is a potent fat-soluble antioxidant that helps with collagen repairs and wound healing.
What causes bad breath in dogs and cat?
The most common cause of bad breath in dogs and cats is tartar buildup surrounding the teeth. As in people, small particles of food remain in the mouth after eating. Food particles decompose creating conditions where oral bacteria thrive and form dental plaque - a combination of bacteria, mineral and decomposed food. As plaque ages and gingivitis develops into periodontitis, bacteria changes from somewhat irritating strains to bone destroying types that produce hydrogen sulfide and methylmercaptan, two principal odor causing molecules. Has your pet tried the Nutri-Vet Breath Fresh Dental Rinse?
I noticed that Nutrivet has tablets, soft chews, biscuits and liquid forms of hip and joint supplements for dogs. Why so many forms?
We don't know about you, but the folks at Nutri Vet like variety in their diets! They try to make it as easy as possible to ensure your pet eats the supplements. What better way, than to have a biscuit in the morning and a liver flavored chewable at bed time?
I'm a vet tech and another company's sales rep suggested that I find out if Nutri-Vet's Hip and Joint Plus (which, by the way, my dog really likes) contains low-molecular weight chondroitin. Does it?
It does indeed. Not to sound too technical, but the lower the molecular weight of a substance, the more readily it may be absorbed from the intestinal tract. Low molecular chondroitin generally weighs less than 20,000 Daltons (a unit of measurement).
What are probiotics? What is so good about Nutri-Vet's Probiotics for Dogs?
These living organisms sometimes referred to as "friendly bacteria" help maintain optimal intestinal health by:
- Speeding the breakdown of organic waste fragments
- Dislodging decayed matter and toxins
- Increasing production of enzymes and availability of enzymes
- Helping regulate digestion
- Helping kill viruses and parasites
- Strengthening the immune system.
Many strains of friendly bacteria are extremely sensitive to oxygen and high temperature exposure. It is particularly difficult to maintain their viability during shipping and storage, which is why most probiotics sold in human health food stores are shipped and kept cool. Yogurt, which is touted for its high levels of probiotics, is sold in refrigerated sections of grocery stores. Additionally, the constant opening and closing of the probiotic container by a pet owner at home may further diminish the potency of probiotics because of the repeated exposure to oxygen.
Why buy Nutri-Vet?
Nutrivet offers a wide range of unique, veterinary formulated animal supplements and complementary external products that promote health and well-being in dogs, cats and horses. Sophisticated formulas combined with innovative delivery systems and high palatability profiles have positioned Nutri-Vet as the leading provider of natural animal products in North America.
Nutri-Vet ensures that every product meets company established specifications and each component or ingredient can ultimately be traced back to its source. All products are made to the highest standards of quality and consistency and validated by independent testing.
- Everyday low pricing
- Natural and holistic
- Innovative products
- Unique delivery systems
- Consistent quality control
- Ultimate ingredient traceability
- High pet palatability
- Veterinary formulated
- Regulatory compliant labels
- Color coded label graphics
- Educated sales force
- Science-based sales support
- Veterinarian on staff full-time
- Independent laboratory testing
- Member of the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC)
- Build relationships with customers that includes a full and honest dialogue, responsiveness to feedback, and interchange of information about products and issues.
- Respect co-workers, owners, agents, suppliers and the community.
- Acknowledge the value of each individual's contribution to goals and to foster teamwork in tasks
- Work together to contribute to the long-term value and sustainability of this company
- Be a profitable and successful company while acting in a responsible manner.
For use in canine species. 1 Chewable per 10 lbs. of body weight daily. Not to exceed 6 chewables daily. Continue as needed.
For animal use only. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. In case of accidental overdose, contact a veterinarian immediately. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
|Ginger Root Extract
Inactive Ingredients: Cellulose, Dried Brewers Yeast, Dried Whey, Liver Meal, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid.
Nutri-Vet offers a wide range of unique, veterinary formulated animal supplements and complementary external products that promote health and well being in dogs, cats and horses. Sophisticated formulas combined with innovative delivery systems and high palatibility profiles have positioned Nutri-Vet as the leading provider of natural animal products in North America.
- Build relationships with customers that includes full and honest dialogue, responsiveness to feedback, and interchange of information about products and issues.
- Respect co-workers, owners, agents, suppliers and the community.
- Acknowledge the value of each individual's contribution to our goals and to foster teamwork in our tasks.
- Work together to contribute to the long-term value and sustainability of our company.
- Be a profitable and successful company, while acting in a responsible manner.
495 N. DuPont Avenue