Freeze Dried Raw Dog Food by K9 Natural
K9 Natural - Freeze Dried Raw Dog Food Lamb Supreme - 1.1 lbs. (500 g)
K9 Natural Freeze Dried Raw Dog Food Lamb Supreme is a 100% pure, natural and total diet for all sizes and breeds of dogs. K9 Natural Freeze Dried is made with 85% meat (derived from grass-fed, ranch raised animals and free of antibiotics and hormone growth promotants), bone, blood, tripe, liver, kidney and heart plus vegetables, fruit, egg and garlic. K9 Natural is a nutritionally sound and species appropriate diet which can therefore be fed to dogs at any stage of life: from puppies to seniors, during pregnancy and lactation. It is also suitable for any breed of dog, from toy to giant.
K9 Natural is a New Zealand made raw dog food that is a 100% natural, species-appropriate, nutritionally sound diet, based on the diet of your dog's closest relative, the wolf. K9 Natural is entirely raw, freeze dried for convenience, as well being grain-free, corn, wheat and rice free, and containing no soy or gluten.
K9 Natural products provide the correct nutritional balance for healthy dogs of any age. There is no need for puppy food in nature - why? Because K9 Natural believes that nature's wisdom is indisputable, therefore this food is brought to you in a form that aims to replicate what only nature can provide. This means K9 Natural products are developed to allow your dog, no matter what breed, size or age, to take exactly what it needs nutritionally from its food - when it needs it. Nature provides two foods from birth to death: milk and solids, yet people today believe that they should feed animals puppy food, adult food, senior food and breed specific food. At K9 Natural, they trust nature and bring it to your dog in a form as close to perfection as possible. Nature gets it right, at K9 Natural they try their best to do that too.
K9 achieves all this without using supplements or anything artificial, by combining the right fresh, high quality, natural ingredients in just the right quantities – a journey which took 19 years to achieve, but one that nature has taken millions of years to perfect. K9 Natural's promise to you is that they will continue to strive to create the ultimate healthy dog food for you, while acknowledging that perfection is only possible in nature.
INGREDIENTS: Fresh lamb 85% ground bone, blood, fresh broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, silver beet, cabbage, other seasonal vegetables, whole eggs, fruit (apples, pears and other seasonal fruit), green tripe, heart, liver, kidney, garlic.
- No Artificial Ingredients
- No Antibiotics
- No Additives or Preservatives
- Suitable for Puppies, Adults & Seniors
- No Cereals, Soy or Gluten
- No Hormone Growth Promotants
- No Corn, Wheat, Rice or Grains
- All Meat from Grass Fed, Free Range Animals
Feeding K9 Natural food to your dogs is simple but there are a few important things to remember.
Store K9 Natural appropriately
K9 Natural is purposely free of artificial preservatives, and is currently available in the US in Freeze Dried varieties only. K9 Freeze Dried range has an almost indefinite shelf life until opened (making it great for an emergency kit). Once opened and reconstituted with warm water, refrigerate any leftovers and feed or discard within three days.
K9 Natural is raw for a reason - don't cook it
K9 Natural has been created to provide a carefully balanced supply of appropriate nutrients for your dog, but it can only do this in its raw state. Cooking is unnecessary and undesirable because heat destroys and/or dramatically alters the nutrient levels in food. For the same reason, when reconstituting Freeze Dried K9 Natural, only warm water (no warmer than 37°C/98.6°F) as hot water will cook it. The exception to this rule is if you're feeding puppies. Their food should be served at room temperature, so if you take their food straight from the fridge, add a little lukewarm water before serving.
Handle with care
K9 Natural is made from inspected and passed meat, poultry and fish, however, any meat product can contain bacteria that could cause illness if mishandled. Please follow these instructions for your protection: for reconstituted K9 Natural, keep refrigerated; keep separate from other foods; wash surfaces, utensils and hands after touching raw meat, poultry or fish; refrigerate leftovers immediately; discard refrigerated leftovers if unused after three days. The Freeze Dried products will keep indefinitely before you add water. Once the foil bag is opened it will last up to 6 months if kept sealed by the zip lock sealer in a temperate climate.
Stop feeding other foods when you introduce your dog to K9 Natural
It is perfectly safe to stop feeding your dog's food one day and introduce K9 Natural the next. A gradual introduction (i.e. feeding some of your dog's previous food as well as some K9 Natural), is not recommended, especially if you've previously fed your dog a dry diet. A gradual introduction, while continuing to feed some of your dog's previous diet makes it difficult to gauge the correct amount of food that your dog should have and will cause stomach upsets. Wolves tend to eat at dawn and dusk, so we suggest feeding K9 Natural, plus raw meaty bones, at these times (for example, you could feed your dog's recommended amount of K9 Natural in the evening and its raw meaty bone in the morning, or vice versa).
Avoid feeding more than the recommended amount
K9 Natural is packed full of goodness and energy, and doesn't contain cheap fillers like rice and wheat to bulk it up. Therefore, your dog needs less K9 Natural than it would require from other foods. Use the guide on the back of each pack to work out the recommended amount for your dog. If you notice undesirable weight gain or loss, then adjust accordingly.
Don't remove the blood from K9 Natural, it's there for a reason
K9 Natural only contains meat that is derived from animals that have been Am & Pm inspected by NZFSA approved staff. This meat has been drained of blood as part of the normal method of preparation for human consumption. But because blood is such a desirable part of your dog's diet (due to the beneficial vitamins and minerals it contains), K9 Natural goes to some considerable effort to collect and add back the blood from this meat.
When it comes to food, K9 Natural is your dog's best friend!
Based on the diet of the North American Grey Wolf, K9 Natural meets a dog's true nutritional needs in the most natural way possible, hence their saying "Feed your dog's inner wolf with nature's complete recipe." K9 Natural has been created to be as close as possible to the diet of the wild wolf. This is because DNA research has shown that the DNA of the domestic dog is at most only 0.2% removed from that of the Grey Wolf. In contrast, the DNA of the Coyote (the wolf's closest wild relative) is a whole 4% different.
- No fillers: These days, most commercially-made dog foods are cooked or contain large amounts of fillers - namely grains, cereals, rice and potatoes. In K9 Natural's opinion, these things go against nature. Why? Firstly, cooking is unnecessary and undesirable because too much heat destroys and/or dramatically alters the nutrient levels in food including vitamins, minerals, protein and many other beneficial attributes of food.
- No Cereals or Grains: Secondly, canines are carnivores and are not designed to digest cereals and grains (believed to be the leading cause of allergies in dogs). When you understand these basic principles of nature and canine physiology, raw feeding with species-appropriate ingredients makes a lot of sense. And when put into practice it can deliver great benefits for your pet.
It's precisely for the reasons mentioned above that K9 Natural is entirely raw and entirely free of grains and cereals. It achieves correct nutritional balance for dogs, without supplements or anything artificial, by combining the right fresh, natural ingredients in just the right quantities – a process which took 15 years to perfect because they weren't prepared to take short cuts or compromise on quality.
You'll be pleased to know that you don't need a science degree to make sense of the ingredients in K9 Natural because each will be familiar to you: meat, blood, ground bone, seasonal fruits and vegetables, heart, liver, kidney, green tripe, eggs and garlic . All of these ingredients come from New Zealand farms and growers.
K9 Natural is the easy, convenient and affordable way to provide your dog with a nutritionally-balanced raw food diet . When you feed K9 Natural, you can be sure your dog is getting everything nature knows it needs!
A dog's digestive system passes food much quicker than a human's, indeed too quickly for bacteria to do any harm. However, the speed of a dog's digestion means that its food needs to be packed full of quickly digestible nutrients. A wolf's natural diet is full of these nutrients and is easily digested – which is why K9 Natural mimics this diet so closely.
The ingredients discussed below are the only ingredients in K9 Natural, and they are all entirely raw to maintain their nutritional properties for the absolute benefit of your dog.
- Meat, bone, blood and organs: 85% of the content of K9 Natural is raw meat, crushed bone, blood and a small amount of organ meats from grass-fed, free range, and hormone growth promotant free New Zealand livestock. They never use meat from 'fallen', diseased or dying animals and never use waste meats such as hooves, tails, noses or chicken feet etc.
- Blood ensures your dog gets sufficient Iron and other essential minerals, blood is the transport system designed by nature to supply the nutrients animals digest and deliver it to the muscles organs and brain of the species consuming the food.
- Ground bone provides calcium, which needs to be the most abundant mineral in a dog's body (a deficiency of calcium may lead to fragile, porous bones, retarded growth and tooth decay, amongst other things). A sufficient amount of ground bone is included in K9 Natural to provide appropriate calcium, but it is also recommended to give your dog a raw bone each day if you can, for healthy teeth, gums and breath, and as an enjoyable enrichment activity for your dog.
- Small amounts of organ meats, specifically heart, liver, kidney and green tripe are a natural part of a canine diet and provide some of the essential micro nutrients required by dogs. Green tripe, for example, contains a probiotic (an organism which contributes to the health and balance of the intestinal tract) that is only found in fresh stomach lining.
- Vegetables & Fruit: The modest quantities of vegetables and fresh fruit included in K9 Natural provide a range of vitamins and minerals required by your dog. K9 Natural uses broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, silver beet (spinach) cabbage, pumpkin, apples and pears. In summer we replace apples and pears with fruits such as berries, mimicking the overripe and fallen fruit that a wolf would find and eat in the wild in summer.
- Garlic: Garlic is known as nature's antibiotic and is a safe and natural remedy for many ailments. It strengthens the immune system, is a powerful blood purifier and contains anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. It also contains two important protector minerals – geranium and selenium. Garlic is also known to have a powerful anti-toxic blood purifying effect and assists in clearing the system of heavy metals (such as lead), drugs and poisons. It also plays a major role in the rejection of cancer-causing toxins from normal cells.
The amount of garlic included in K9 Natural is sufficient to provide the micro nutrients required and may assist your dog's natural defense mechanism against worms.
- Eggs: Wolves are scavengers as well as hunters, and will keenly devour eggs when they find them. Eggs are packed with protein, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, zinc and vitamins A, D, E and B. These nutrients are needed for a healthy skin and coat, strong bones and teeth, healthy joints, a healthy cardiovascular system, a healthy lining of the digestive tract and a healthy nervous system.
Bones are one of the most talked about and often feared aspects of feeding a raw food diet, but this fear is unwarranted. There are many misconceptions & myths about giving dogs bones, but please do not let that prevent your dog from enjoying the pleasures and benefits of raw bones. Ask yourself this: how have dogs - and all their wild cousins, such as wolves, foxes and coyotes - survived for many thousands of years if their diet has consisted primarily of meaty bones?
The answer is simple - canines are purpose-built to chew and consume bones. Their strong teeth and jaws break and crush bone into pieces that can be swallowed, then their stomach acid breaks these pieces down further, the calcium and other minerals are absorbed and any remaining waste is quickly passed. It's important to remember that there are always risks in life. However, risks can be minimised with some simple precautions. In the case of bones, always feed raw bones; don't leave them out for days to bake in the sun and become brittle; make them size appropriate and throw them away when your dog has finished with them.
K9 Natural is the realisation of a dream. Geoff Bowers has spent many years researching the behaviour and biological make up of dogs in a quest to create a truly natural, balanced, convenient and affordable raw food diet for dogs. A passionate dog owner, trainer and former Police dog handler from the UK, Geoff has travelled the world and studied in places as remote as Alaska in his quest for more knowledge about his best friends & working companions, dogs. Throughout this journey of discovery Geoff has made many contacts with like-minded individuals who have generously contributed their knowledge, research and suggestions, and fostered his interest in the behaviour and diet of both dogs and their closest wild relatives, wolves.
After moving to New Zealand in early 2003, Geoff and his wife Diane began to make new contacts with local dog owners and enthusiasts. Their encounter with Bruce and Judy Mayhew, highly-regarded German Shepherd breeders, and business owners, was a meeting of minds.
Inspired by Geoff's story and motivated by their shared passion to improve the well-being of dogs, Bruce and Judy enthusiastically contributed their business expertise and resources, and together they made their dream of producing a 100% natural raw food diet a reality.The result is K9 Natural. An exceptional dog food that gives dogs the chance to enjoy the health, vitality and longevity they deserve. For the team behind K9 Natural, that's the ultimate reward.
About K9 Natural
K9 Natural is a revolutionary, New Zealand-made 100% raw, freeze dried dog food which combines the natural goodness of fresh whole foods with an absolute commitment to the true nutritional needs of canines. 100% natural and raw, K9 Natural is a grain free, antibiotic free, hormone free, free range dog food that contains only quality ingredients and absolutely no additives, artificial preservatives, wheat, wheat gluten, rice, rice gluten, cereal bulking agents or corn.
Based on the actual diet of the domestic dog’s closest relative, the Grey Wolf, K9 Natural is made with 85% real meat, bone and blood, plus 15% fresh fruit and vegetables, whole eggs and garlic so you can be sure your dog is getting everything nature knows it needs.
K9 Natural doesn't contain any artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives. There are also absolutely no cooked ingredients because cooking significantly reduces the nutritional value of food.
K9 Natural is available in freeze dried varieties from a growing number of pet stores throughout the USA. It is also now available in a number of countries overseas.
Passionate dog owners worldwide, like ourselves, are convinced of the benefits of a raw food diet and are experiencing marked improvements in the health and well-being of their dogs.
PO Box 11 367