MiraLax Laxative Powder for Solution - 8.3 oz. (238 g)
MiraLax Polyethylene Glycol Laxative Powder is the original prescription strength and contains 14 once-daily doses. MiraLax increases frequency of bowel movements and softens the stool. MiraLAX is a completely different way to treat constipation. MiraLAX is the only one clinically proven to relieve constipation with no harsh side effects. MiraLAX works by naturally balancing the water in your digestive system to relieve constipation with no harsh side effects. It gently increases the frequency of bowel movements and softens the stool so it is easier to pass.
MiraLAX is safe and effective - and is available without a prescription. It is the first prescription laxative in more than 30 years to be made available over-the-counter.
How Does MiraLAX Work?
MiraLAX draws water back to your colon, replacing what was lost, and allows you to have a normal, easy and complete bowel movement. As it works, it provides more comfort and less straining without uncomfortable side effects. And you can control the urge to go.
What Makes MiraLAX Different?
Nothing works better than MiraLAX for constipation relief without harsh side effects. Many laxatives claim to be gentle to your system, but fail to deliver on that promise when trying to provide constipation/irregularity relief. MiraLAX, however, helps to relieve your constipation with no harsh side effects.
- No bloating
- No cramps
- No gas
- No sudden urgency
- No taste
- No grit
As a prescription product, MiraLAX was preferred by 2 out of 3 patients over their usual product+.
MiraLAX is the #1 doctor and pharmacist recommended laxative and it's the only one clinically proven to relieve constipation with no harsh side effects. MiraLAX is also the one brand hospitals use more often.
Medicines can work differently for different people. To decide how to treat their patients, doctors look at the clinical research. The active ingredient in MiraLAX (Polyethylene Glycol 3350) has been studied and proven safe and effective in more high-quality clinical trials than any other OTC laxative.
In 2005, the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) reviewed all of the clinical research in North America for OTC laxatives. MiraLAX§ is the only OTC laxative that received a "Grade A Recommendation" - their highest rating. No wonder MiraLAX is preferred most by doctors and pharmacists for constipation/irregularity relief and the one brand hospitals use more often.
Some OTC laxatives that you can buy today have been available for 30, 50 or even over 100 years. You might think that because they have been around for a long time, they must all work for you. But in its 2005 review, The American College of Gastroenterology concluded that there is not enough clinical research on either stimulant laxatives or most bulk-forming (fiber) laxatives.
If you have tried other OTC laxatives for constipation/irregularity relief, then you already know whether they work for you. If you have found a laxative that works, you may still want to give MiraLAX a try to relieve your constipation/irregularity. It has been shown that laxative users preferred MiraLAX when compared to their usual laxative.
How Do You Take MiraLAX?
MiraLAX is taken once daily with liquids. It has no taste and dissolves easily and completely in everyday beverages such as water, juice, coffee, or tea.
How Do I Pick the Right Laxative?
A laxative, along with simple diet and exercise solutions, can help relieve your constipation. A wide range of laxatives are available over the counter, including:
- Osmotic laxatives draw water back to the digestive tract, replacing lost water, enabling a normal, complete bowel movement. Through this process, MiraLAX, an osmotic laxative, relieves constipation without harsh side effects.
- Bulk-forming (Fiber) laxatives: add psyllium (insoluble) fiber to the stool. These can be used to supplement the fiber in your diet. However, they can sometimes ferment and cause gas.
- Stimulant laxatives stimulate the walls of the intestine, causing the muscles to contract and clear the bowel. They work quickly, but can sometimes cause cramps.
- Lubricants, such as mineral oil, lubricate the walls of the intestine so that stool can pass through more easily. They can sometimes interfere with vitamin and nutrient absorption2.
Saline laxatives work by pulling water into the intestine. These laxatives can remove electrolytes.
MiraLAX is The One
- The One clinically proven to relieve constipation with no harsh side effects.
- The One recommended by more doctors.
- The One brand hospitals use more often.
MiraLAX is the #1 Doctor and Pharmacist Recommended Laxative:
For constipation/irregularity, doctors and pharmacists prefer MiraLAX more than any other prescription drug or OTC laxative. Doctors recommend MiraLAX more than fibers, stimulants, stool softeners or mineral oils to relieve constipation.
Who Is Affected By Constipation?
Although some people may be uncomfortable talking about it, constipation is a very common gastrointestinal complaint, affecting 1 in 4 of us–that's more than 65 million Americans!
To put this into perspective, about twice as many people are affected by constipation/irregularity as those who suffer from seasonal allergies. While constipation can affect anyone, more than twice as many women as men suffer from constipation. The condition also becomes more common as people age.
What Is Constipation?
Constipation is a subject few like to talk about, although it affects us all at one time or another. Constipation can be serious but even when it's not it can be uncomfortable, frustrating and even affect quality of life.
Constipation/irregularity occurs when a person's bowel movements become difficult or when they happen less frequently than normal. Normal stools are soft and formed, and passed without straining. Normal frequency is, of course, different for everyone. Some people go once or twice a day, others three times a week–all completely normal if that number of trips to the bathroom is the regular routine. Constipation occurs when your routine changes.
We can experience a variety of symptoms beyond just difficulty going to the bathroom. Other symptoms may include abdominal discomfort, gas and bloating, but we might also feel symptoms that may not seem to have anything to do with our digestive system, such as fatigue, achiness and irritability. Being constipated can really ruin your day!
What Causes Constipation?
Our digestive systems are sensitive to changes in diet and lifestyle, so we should not be surprised or alarmed if, once in a while, our system slows down. Anyone can get constipated, and it does not necessarily mean that they are unhealthy or that they have an unhealthy lifestyle. There are many possible causes and certain times in our lives when we are more likely to become constipated.
Constipation/irregularity can happen to all of us. The reasons why we become constipated are often simple and commonplace–and in today's world, some of these causes of constipation can be hard to avoid.
- Constipation can be caused by simple changes in lifestyle, such as diet and not drinking enough fluids
- Other common causes are not enough physical activity or too much stress or anxiety
- Some medical conditions, like pregnancy or diabetes, can cause constipation
- Constipation can also be caused by certain medicines and nutritional supplements
- Travel can also upset your natural rhythm
- Stress and a busy lifestyle can take their toll. During a hectic day, it is not unusual to either resist the urge to go or to miss the opportunity to use the bathroom entirely. Unfortunately, postponing a bowel movement until later may actually cause regularity problems.
- A surprising number of prescription drugs may cause constipation as a side effect. Your doctor or pharmacist can help you better understand if your medicines can affect you this way.
How Can I Relieve My Constipation?
A number of common sense changes along with MiraLAX can go a long way toward easing the discomfort of constipation/irregularity. For example:
- Eat a well-balanced, high-fiber diet that includes plenty of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water and non-caffeinated liquids.
- Stay active, and exercise to your ability. Check with your doctor before you begin!
- Have a bowel movement when you get the urge. Don't put it off!
- Try MiraLAX, the only brand clinically proven to relieve constipation without harsh side effects.+
Medications That Can Cause Constipation
- Narcotic analgesics
- Anticholinergics (medicines that can dry you out)
- Iron supplements
- Calcium supplements
- Antihypertensive drugs (medicine for high blood pressure)
A number of common medicines, including over-the-counter remedies and prescription medications, can cause constipation. If you're taking a medication, even a multivitamin, and experiencing constipation, ask a doctor if MiraLAX can help. Be sure to ask your doctor if your prescription medication might cause constipation.