Professional HEPA Air Cleaner 75 CADR For Small Size Rooms AR-10 by HoMedics
HoMedics Professional HEPA Air Cleaner 75 CADR For Small Size Rooms AR-10 (14" x 5.5" x 12.25")
Experience cleaner, fresher, healthier air for everyone in the family with HoMedics Professional HEPA Air Cleaner. HoMedics Professional HEPA Air Cleaner allows you to breathe in the clean. Feel the difference with HoMedics Professional HEPA Air Cleaner. HoMedics Professional HEPA Air Filter lasts up to five times longer than conventional filters and removes 99.97% of airborne particles and allergens including dust mites, pet dander, pollen, smoke, mold, and bacteria. HoMedics Professional HEPA Air Cleaner's super quiet operation and ultra-slim design makes it great for bedrooms.
HoMedics Professional HEPA Air Cleaner Features:
- 75 CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
- Save money with its long-lasting HEPA filter: lasts up to five times longer than conventional filters
- For small rooms
- Professional HEPA filter removes up to 99.97% of allergens like pollen, smoke, dust, molds and bacteria
- Three air cleaning speeds; high, medium, low
- Filter check monitor lets you know when to clean (simply vacuum-clean)
- Ultra-slim profile looks great anywhere
- AHAM and Energy Star certified
- Product size: 14” x 5.5” x 12.25”
Home Environment Air Cleaners
Create the ideal room climate for healthier breathing in any room in your house with HoMedics humidifiers and Professional HEPA Air Cleaners. Improve your air quality with a HoMedics Professional HEPA Air Cleaner which helps remove up to 99.97% of allergens like pollen, smoke, dust, molds and bacteria.
Room Coverage Chart
*The cleaning cycle is the number of times that air passes through the air cleaner at its highest setting.
Cleaning Cycles Per Hour*
18' x 18'
14' x 14'
12' x 12'
10' x 12'
Since HoMedics was founded in 1987, they have become the #1 name in health and wellness. HoMedics' extensive line of personal wellness products allow you to relax your body, renew your spirit and simplify your life. As the innovative leader in self-care, wellness and personal health products, HoMedics continues to strive to provide you with products that promote your well-being.
Changing the Face of Wellness
HoMedics believes that nothing is more important than your health. HoMedics' revolutionary products and ideas have transformed the world of personal wellness for consumers worldwide. And we continue to invest in the latest technological advances to provide you with the most innovative personal well-being products available.
The Quality You Demand
HoMedics stands by their products. Each one is created with the highest quality components and is quality crafted for years of dependable use.
Create Your Own Oasis With HoMedics
HoMedics offers an extensive assortment of personal wellness products that are created to help you restore the balance to your life. With HoMedics products, it's easy to be proactive in the maintenance of your health and well-being. So discover the new era of personal wellness with HoMedics. HoMedics looks forward to bringing you better health for years to come.
Turning the Unit On:
- Take the air cleaner out of the box and remove the clear protective plastic bag.
- Place the air cleaner on a firm level surface.
- Before turning the air cleaner ON, you need to confirm that the filter is firmly in place and did not become loose during shipping.
- To check filter, open the front grill by gently pulling on the tabs on either side of the top of the grill plate.
- Open the plate outward until the tabs at the bottom of the grill plate easily slide away from the unit.
- The HEPA filter will be resting inside the unit. Make sure that the filter is firmly seated inside of the unit.
- Place the tabs at the bottom of the grill plate into the base of the unit. Gently push the grill plate back into place until you hear a click sound indicating that the grill is firmly latched. Connect the power cord into a standard AC outlet.
On/Off and Speed Settings:
- To turn the air cleaner on, press the ON/OFF button on the control panel. When the air cleaner is on, the LED light in the ON/OFF button on the control panel will be lit and the air cleaner will start to operate on LOW speed.
- Once the air cleaner is ON, slide the SPEED selector bar to select speed settings.
- To turn the air cleaner OFF, simply press the ON/OFF button on the control panel.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
HoMedics recommends that the air cleaner be cleaned at least once a month and before storage.
- Turn the air cleaner OFF at the main switch and unplug it from the outlet.
- Use a dry cloth to clean the external surfaces of the air cleaner.
- The grill plate may be cleaned with a damp cloth or the brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner.
Do not use water, wax, polish, or any chemical solution.
Clean Filter Indicator
The air cleaner is equipped with a CLEAN FILTER indicator to let the user know when it is time to clean the HEPA filter, about every 2,800 hours of use. When the HEPA filter is ready to be cleaned, the LED CLEAN FILTER indicator will light up on the control panel. Once the HEPA filter has been cleaned, press and hold the CLEAN FILTER button to reset the Indicator until it beeps.
Cleaning the HEPA Filter
Make sure that the air cleaner is turned OFF and unplugged from the outlet before cleaning.
- Open the front grill by gently pulling on the tabs on either side of the top of the grill plate.
- Open the plate outward until the tabs at the bottom of the grill plate easily slide away from the unit.
- Remove the HEPA filter from the main unit.
- Use the brush attachment with your vacuum cleaner. Run the attachment along both sides of the HEPA filter, cleaning thoroughly between the accordion folds of the filter.
- Place the clean HEPA filter back in the main unit, making sure that it is firmly seated inside the unit.
- Place the tabs at the bottom of the unit grill plate into the base of the unit. Gently push the grill plate back into place until you hear a click sound indicating that the grill is firmly latched.
When using electrical products, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed. Read all instructions before using.
To Reduce the Risk of Electric Shock:
- Always unplug the air cleaner from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Always place the air cleaner on a firm, level surface.
- Always place the air cleaner at least six (6) inches away from walls and three (3) feet from heat sources such as stoves, radiators, or heaters.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in the shower.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep dry - DO NOT operate in a wet or moist condition.
- This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
- Check your air cleaner cord and plug connections.
- Faulty wall outlet connections or loose plugs can cause the outlet or plug to overheat. Be sure the plug fits tight in the outlet.
CAUTION: It is normal for the plug to feel warm to the touch; however, a loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
To Reduce the Risk of Burns, Fire, Electric Shock or Injury to Persons:
- Extreme caution is necessary when any air cleaner is used by or near children or invalids and whenever the air cleaner is left operating and unattended.
- Always unplug the air cleaner when not in use.
- Do not operate the air cleaner with a damaged cord or plug, or after the air cleaner malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Discard the air cleaner or return to HoMedics Consumer Relations for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- This air cleaner is not intended for use in bathroom, laundry areas and similar moist indoor locations. Never locate air cleaner where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic areas where it can be tripped over.
- To disconnect the air cleaner, first turn controls to the OFF position, then remove plug from outlet.
- Do not tilt or move the air cleaner while it is in operation. Shut off and remove plug from outlet before moving.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the air cleaner.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surface, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- Use this air cleaner only for its intended use as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Always plug the air cleaner directly into a wall outlet/receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or relocate power tap (outlet/power strip).
- DO NOT use outdoors.
Caution: Avoid the use of an extension cord because the extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire. However, if you have to use an extension cord, the cord should be No. 14 AWG minimum size and rated not less than 1875 watts.
Caution: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug in intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. To do so could result in an electric shock hazard.
Main Features on the Professional HEPA Air Cleaner:
- Control Panel
- Main Unit
- HEPA Filter
- Front Grill Plate
Instruction manual included.
Since HoMedics was founded in 1987, the company has developed an extensive line of personal wellness products that allow you to relax your body, renew your spirit and simplify your life. As the innovative leader in self-care, wellness and personal health products, HoMedics continues to strive to provide you with products that promote your well-being. HoMedics offers an extensive assortment of personal wellness products that are created to help you restore the balance between your mind, body and soul. With these products, it's easy to be proactive in the maintenance of your health and well-being.
3000 Pontiac Trail, Dept. 168
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.