Natural Factors B12 Methylcobalamin Biologically Active Form of B12 1000 mcg. - 180 Chewable Tablets
Natural Factors B12 Methylcobalamin is active immediately upon absorption, while other forms (e.g., cyanocobalamin) must be converted to methylcobalamin in a two-step process. Methylcobalamin demonstrates exceptional activity in areas where other forms are simply not active. Natural Factors B12 Methylcobalamin supplementation is recommended for vegetarians and those suffering from B12 deficiency. All Natural factors products are manufactured in accordance with the Government of Canada's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), among the highest standards in the world.
- Supports the nervous system
- Helps memory and learning
- Boosts energy
- Helps control homocysteine levels
- Promotes a healthy cardiovascular system
- Enhances immune system function
- Effectively supports brain and nerve function.
- May help in the treatment of sleep-wake disorders
- May improve daytime alertness in shift-workers and the elderly
- Derived from vegetable sources so is an excellent source of vitamin B12 for vegetarians
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for energy production; for nervous system function as it is needed to produce myelin, the fatty substance that forms a protective sheath around nerves; for the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that helps with memory and learning; for the synthesis of red blood cells; for producing the genetic materials, DNA and RNA. It can help depression and give you energy. Most vitamin B12 comes from animal source foods and is deficient in strict vegetarian diets. Vitamin B12 works with folic acid to control homocysteine levels. Research shows that high levels of homocysteine may dramatically increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. However, many of us may not be absorbing the vitamin B12 as effectively from food as we could and others, such as vegetarians, may develop outright deficiencies in this important vitamin. Studies show that supplemental vitamin B12 can help us in other ways, too. Many elderly people suffering from neurological impairment find that B12 supplementation greatly improves their cognitive function. Published studies show that vitamin B12 in supplement form is absorbed better by elderly people than vitamin B12 that is bound to food. Shift workers, too, can benefit from sublingual methylcobalamin. It’s well established that shift workers have more trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. Poor sleep quality is probably why they have greater susceptibility to illnesses, including cancer, and have more accidents than other sectors of the population. In a recent study, subjects taking methylcobalamin experience improved sleep quality and increased daytime alertness and concentration, and in some cases they also reported improved mood. Much of the benefit appears to be a result of methylcobalamin’s influence on melatonin secretion and resetting the biological clock. Specifically, methylcobalamin causes a significant decrease in daytime melatonin levels while increasing nighttime levels. B12 methylcobalamin makes adrenaline from norepinephrine, and melatonin from serotonin. It is crucial for the transcription of DNA, and other entities. To convert harmful homocysteine into the beneficial antioxidant, methionine, a methyl group is required. Methylcobalamin provides it thereby protecting your cardiac system.
Natural Factors is one of North America's leading manufacturers of nutritional supplements for distribution through natural health stores. For more than 50 years, the company has researched, developed and formulated vitamin, mineral, herbal and specialty supplements that are trusted throughout the world.
What’s Unique about Natural Factors?
- Factor Farms - Natural Factors grows its own organic echinacea for Echinamide products, and other herbs for unique formulations. These are hand-harvested fresh, and processed within hours at the company's nearby extraction plant.
- Research & Development - Natural Factors conducts laboratory and clinical research to ensure quality, potency and efficacy of Natural Factors products, and to guarantee the safety and purity of all raw materials used in their creation.
- Medical & Scientific Expertise - The Natural Factors team of medical and naturopathic physicians, herbalists, formulators and nutritionists contribute to the development of every Natural Factors product and every innovation for natural health support.
- Formulations & Forms - Natural Factors is well known for developing condition-specific solutions for the most common health concerns of consumers. The company is one of very few manufacturers in North America with in-house softgel encapsulating facilities and expertise. Natural Factors is able to produce supplemental products in the form of powders, tinctures, liquids and syrups as well as tablets and capsules.
Roland Gahler, Natural Factors' visionary leader, has invested in people, science and technology, to create natural health formulas that are safe, reliable and effective. Natural factors' goal is to deliver supplements that marry the wisdom of ancient herbal knowledge and the science of modern clinical research to enhance the health of consumers everywhere.