Fleet Enema Mineral Oil Lubricant Laxative by C.B. Fleet Co., Inc.
C.B. Fleet Co., Inc. Fleet Enema Mineral Oil Lubricant Laxative - 4.5 oz. (133ml)
C.B. Fleet Co., Inc. Fleet Enema Mineral Oil Lubricant Laxative is a lubricant laxative that coats the fecal contents to prevent water from being absorbed out of the stool. When too much water is absorbed out of the stool, it can become very hard and difficult to pass. Mineral oil is ideal for individuals who need to avoid straining, for example, those recovering from surgery or childbirth, or those suffering from hemorrhoids. Bowel movement generally occurs in 2 to 15 minutes. Safe, soothing relief in just minutes. Fleet Mineral Oil Enema In addition, Fleet Mineral Oil Enema is sodium-free and latex-free. Fleet Mineral Oil Enema comes in an easy-to-use, disposable squeeze bottle with a soft, pre-lubricated Comfortip.
Are You Constipated?
At Fleet Laboratories, we know that while many people believe a healthy person should have a bowel movement every day, it's actually normal for people to pass stools anywhere from three times a day to three times a week. You're most likely not constipated if you fall within this range and your stools are soft and pass easily.
You're probably constipated if you are having three or fewer bowel movements each week or you're experiencing some of the following problems:
- Straining or difficulty passing stools
- A sense of incomplete emptying after a bowel movement
- Hard or pellet-shaped stools
- A feeling of being blocked up
What Causes Constipation?
A variety of reasons can lead to constipation, including:
- Diet, specifically a lack of fiber
- Lack of exercise
- Travel or other changes in daily routine
- Medical conditions that affect the colon, such as diabetes and cancer
- Medication usage
- Hormonal disorders
How to Help Prevent Constipation
In most cases, you can take these simple steps to help prevent constipation:
- Eat more fiber, including beans, bran, whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Exercise regularly
- Don't ignore the urge to have a bowel movement
- If your bowel habits change, check with your doctor
- If these recommendations don't work, Fleet Products can help!
Acute Constipation – See Your Doctor
While most cases of common constipation can be easily treated and are not a cause for concern, acute, or recent onset, constipation could indicate a more serious health problem. If you experience any of the following conditions, contact your doctor.
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Bloating, nausea and vomiting
- Rectal bleeding
- Involuntary weight loss
Frequently Asked Questions - Enemas
What is an enema?
An enema is a delivery method that introduces a volume of liquid into the rectum. Enemas can act as a laxative and can be used for the relief of constipation. Enemas can be used prior to a medical procedure when prescribed by your doctor. Non-medicated enemas can be used for elective rectal cleansing. All enemas should be administered rectally, NOT orally.
How long does it take a Fleet laxative enema to relieve constipation?
Results will vary, but it usually begins to work within five minutes.
How long should you hold the liquid in your rectum before you use the bathroom?
Attempt to hold the enema solution until the urge to evacuate is strong, but no longer than 10 minutes.
Can I use the enema more than once?
No, the enema is disposable and designed to be used only once.
Where should the enema be inserted?
The enema should be inserted into the rectum and nowhere else.
The box states that the tip of the enema is lubricated. What is it lubricated with and why?
The tips of the Fleet Saline Enemas, Mineral Oil Enemas and Bisacodyl enemas are lubricated with petroleum jelly to ease insertion into the rectum. The tips of the Fleet Naturals Cleansing Enema contains a water-based lubricant to ease insertion into the rectum. Rectum (Rectal) - The last section of the large intestine where feces are stored before defecation, it extends from the colon to the anus.
What position is best for insertion of an enema?What are the benefits of using mineral oil when using an enema?
The best positions are either lying down on your left side or a knee-chest position.
Do Fleet enemas contain latex?
All Fleet products are latex-free. Latex – A rubber material derived from the milky sap of rubber trees. All Fleet products are Latex-Free.
Mineral oil helps lubricate and soften the stool. Fleet Mineral Oil Enema is sodium-free.
How to use this enema:
- Remove Orange protective shield from enema comfortip before inserting.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip from rectum.
- Retain enema in accordance with doctor's instructions
Follow with a cleansing enema: To remove stools or other residue now softened and lubricated, it is suggested that you use a regular Fleet enema to cleanse the bowel.
Positions for using this enema:
- Left-side position: Lie on left side with knee bent, and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
For rectal use only. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Ask a doctor before using any laxative if you have
- abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks
- already used a laxative for more than 1 week
Stop use and ask a doctor if you
- rectal bleeding
- no bowl movement after use
These symptoms may indicate a serious condition. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control right away.
C.B. Fleet Co., Inc.Fleet Enema Mineral Oil Lubricant Laxative - 4.5 oz.
|Active ingredient (in each 118-ml delivered dose)
|Mineral oil 100%
|| Lubricant laxative|
About C.B. Fleet Co., Inc.
When Dr. Charles Browne Fleet founded this company, he did so with a commitment to serving his customers as individuals. Since their founding in 1869, they’ve never forgotten their heritage as a hometown, family-run business. They remain committed to the same mission and integrity their company was founded on all those years ago, and, they will never forget that the reason they’re still around is their customers.
In 1869, Dr. Charles Browne Fleet opened a small pharmacy in Lynchburg, Virginia. His goal was to provide people with easy-to-use, innovative personal health and beauty care products. Developing his own medicines, balms and salves in his storefront, it was Fleet who also invented the first laxative — and since that time, they have continued their founder’s commitment to innovation in the personal healthcare industry.
After more than 140 years in business, Fleet Laboratories now leads the personal healthcare industry, ranking among the top non-prescription drug companies in the United States, and earning the trust of consumers and healthcare professionals around the world.
4615 Murray Place
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.