Giovanni D:Tox System Purifying Facial Scrub Step 2 (4 oz/113 ml)
Giovanni D:Tox System Step 2: Purifying Facial Scrub is formulated with activated charcoal, volcanic ash and super-antioxidants Acai and Goji Berry. Your face is your calling card. In order to help your skin be pure and detoxified, you need this gentle exfoliating scrub. D:Tox Purifying Facial Cleanser is made with volcanic ash to dislodge pollutants, activated charcoal to extract impurities and detoxify without drying, and super-antioxidants acai and goji berry to help recharge cells to leave skin buffed and smooth. D:Tox System products are pH balanced, and work for all skin types.
Out With The Bad
Volcanic ash and activated charcoal inside the Purifying Facial Cleanser (Step 1) and Purifying Facial Scrub (Step 2) work to extract impurities and remove makeup without drying skin. Acai and goji berry help recharge and rejuvenate facial cells.
In With The Good
The Replenishing Facial Moisturizer (Step 3) contains maximum antioxidant power from green tea and fig, along with acai and goji berry, combined with high-performance hydrators to make skin feel soft, alive and restored.
A Special Treat
The Purifying Facial Mask (Use As Needed) contains a higher percentage of charcoal and volcanic ash to extract the deepest impurities.
The D:tox System For Face is a four-part system that harnesses the technology of premium anti-aging skin care to help re-create your face with an intriguing blend of purifying volcanic ash, activated charcoal and antioxidants. D:tox System removes the bad and infuses skin with the good, helping restore a feeling of elasticity and the look of a youthful glow.
- Activated Charcoal is an amazing substance. It is pure carbon specially processed to make it highly adsorbent (not absorbent) of particles and toxins. It adsorbs more poisons than any other substance known to mankind. It can do this because of its ability to attract other substances to its surface and hold them there. This is called adsorption. Activated Charcoal can adsorb thousands of times its own weight in harmful substances.
- Volcanic Ash is actually Sodium Bentonite. Due to its unique molecular structure, Sodium Bentonite has a huge surface area. When hydrated, it develops a negative charge, effectively becoming a magnet for positively charged toxins and impurities. It can adsorb up to 40 times its weight in toxins. Volcanic Ash is not only an excellent deep cleanser, but also a mild exfoliant.
- Antioxidants work by significantly slowing or preventing the oxidative (damage from oxygen) process caused by substances called free radicals that can lead to cell dysfunction. With the body, the antioxidant process is similar to stopping an apple from browning. Once you cut an apple, it begins to brown, but if you dip it in orange juice, which contains vitamin C, it stays white. A Super Antioxidant can prevent damage to your body's cells and repair damage that has been done.
- Goji Berry is a Super Antioxidant that has anti-aging properties and more antioxidants than any other fruit, vegetable or food on the planet, making it a great possible answer to anti-aging.
- Acai contains nearly ten times as many antioxidant vitamins than grapes, and twice as many as blueberries.
- Green Tea: Although many people are aware of the health benefits associated with drinking green tea, not that many are aware of the properties it exhibits when used in topical skin care preparations and cosmetics for preventing collagen from being broken down.
Where are Giovanni products made?
All of Giovanni's finished products are made in sunny Southern California, except for their lip balm which is made in New Mexico.
Are Giovanni products hypoallergenic?
Hypoallergenic is a term coined by advertisers (based on the Greek prefix hypo meaning "below normal" or "slightly") and first used in a cosmetics campaign in 1953. Any consumer could at any time, find themselves allergic to any ingredient. Giovanni uses ingredients that are mild and plant based so allergic reactions are rare. However, it is recommended when using any new product to do a patch test on your skin.
Do Giovanni products contain Gluten?
Giovanni product formulations contain ingredients that are derived from a variety of sources and combinations of derivatives. They are manufactured where products with gluten are also produced. With this in mind, Giovanni cannot ensure cross contamination will not occur during the manufacturing process. They cannot explicitly guarantee that the products are gluten-free.
If you are sensitive to an ingredient or want to decrease your exposure to a specific ingredient, it is important to know exactly what your personal care products are made of before your purchase. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you study the product in question to know what ingredients are used. Due to the chain of supply certain Giovanni products may have previous ingredient statements. Please refer to the ingredient label as affixed to or printed on each product.
Many people with sensitivities and allergies have used Giovanni products with great success.
Are Giovanni products Vegan?
All Giovanni products are vegan except Lip Balms which contain beeswax and Magnetic shampoo, conditioner, power treatment, styling gel and styling wax which contains lactoferrin.
Do any Giovanni products contain Sodium Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)?
None of the formulas contain SLS or SLES.
Do any Giovanni products contain Phthalates?
No Giovanni products contain Phthalates.
Do Giovanni products contain artificial or synthetic fragrances?
Fragrances can refer to essential oils, synthetic fragrance or natural fragrance and each can be present by itself or in combination with each other in a product formula. With regard to fragrance the majority of Giovanni products contain only natural fragrance and essential oils. When synthetic fragrance is used in certain products it is necessary to ensure product stability.
Does Giovanni test on animals?
No, Giovanni has never tested their products on animals.
Welcome to the butterfly that is Giovanni.
Ever since they were nothing but a chrysalis, their founder, Arthur Giovanni knew that his company would take flight to bring beauty to the world. After all, he had started as a hairdresser himself before blossoming into a leading hair stylist and a Beverly Hills salon owner. His "On Sunset" salon attracted some of the most influential people in Southern California while his quest to forever create simply beautiful hair led him on journey that would take him beyond Southern California, to the most natural corners of the world searching. His quest led to a partnership with a pioneering physician, and the birth of something truly extraordinary; a new company with newer formulas. By tapping into nature?s vast resources, the company that bears his name soon came to represent beauty from the elements as well as beauty from within. It still does. It's quite an extraordinary feat.
What does it mean to be a butterfly?
Beautiful gossamer wings of deeply exotic colors paint your wings and you align on the winds of imagination, soaring to places you've only dreamed of, where beauty is yours to behold and to mold into whatever you'd like. To be a butterfly is to facilitate and experience change constantly; to live in nature; to be organic; and to simply be.
Giovanni Cosmetics uses formulas that incorporate vitamins, herbs, minerals, proteins, nutrients and the purest of essential oils. The patented Giovanni PureOrganic Technology represents an exquisite blend of exotic organic oils, ripe-harvested from renewable plants at the peak of their freshness. The oils are cold pressed and refrigerated immediately to ensure maximum purity. The result is a change for anyone who chooses to indulge in
Giovanni Hair Care. Beauty from the Elements.
The elements of earth, wind, fire and water represent a unique combination of certified organic botanicals and incredible style. Shampoos, conditioners, treatments, stylers and finishers.
Giovanni Body Care. Dream a little dream of you.
The fantasy of glorious skin can be yours. All you need do is close your eyes and allow yourself to be transported via body washes, body lotions, body butters and body scrubs.
Giovanni Cosmetics remains a family owned company. They are committed to creating only the purest formulations, packaged in the most original bottles and marketed with an extraordinary showing of photographs and concepts.
As the butterfly in you opens its wings and takes flight, your journey begins. Where will it take you, where will you go, beauty is for discovery, for only you to know. Enjoy!