Fleet Enema Saline Laxative Twin Pack 4.5 oz. each by C.B. Fleet Co., Inc.
C.B. Fleet Co., Inc. Fleet Enema Saline Twin Pack 4.5 oz. each - 2 Bottles
C.B. Fleet Co., Inc. Fleet Enema Saline Twin Pack is a saline laxative. Saline laxatives work by drawing water into the colon which helps produce a bowel movement. This provides a soft stool mass and increased bowel action. A bowel movement should be stimulated in 1 to 5 minutes, without pain or spasm. Constipation generally occurs if you have three or fewer bowel movements each week, and your stools are hard, dry, and difficult to pass. In this situation, Fleet Enema can provide help and relief.
Fleet Enema Fleet Enema is also ideal for bowel cleansing before undergoing a rectal examination. Plus, it's latex-free. Fleet Enema comes in a ready-to-use, disposable squeeze bottle with a soft, pre-lubricated Comfortip.
Are You Constipated?
At Fleet Laboratories, we know that while many people believe a healthy person should have a bowel movement every day, it's actually normal for people to pass stools anywhere from three times a day to three times a week. You're most likely not constipated if you fall within this range and your stools are soft and pass easily.
You're probably constipated if you are having three or fewer bowel movements each week or you're experiencing some of the following problems:
- Straining or difficulty passing stools
- A sense of incomplete emptying after a bowel movement
- Hard or pellet-shaped stools
- A feeling of being blocked up
What Causes Constipation?
A variety of reasons can lead to constipation, including:
- Diet, specifically a lack of fiber
- Lack of exercise
- Travel or other changes in daily routine
- Medical conditions that affect the colon, such as diabetes and cancer
- Medication usage
- Hormonal disorders
How to Help Prevent Constipation
In most cases, you can take these simple steps to help prevent constipation:
- Eat more fiber, including beans, bran, whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Exercise regularly
- Don't ignore the urge to have a bowel movement
- If your bowel habits change, check with your doctor
- If these recommendations don't work, Fleet Products can help!
Acute Constipation – See Your Doctor
While most cases of common constipation can be easily treated and are not a cause for concern, acute, or recent onset, constipation could indicate a more serious health problem. If you experience any of the following conditions, contact your doctor.
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Bloating, nausea and vomiting
- Rectal bleeding
- Involuntary weight loss
Frequently Asked Questions - Enemas
What is an enema?
An enema is a delivery method that introduces a volume of liquid into the rectum. Enemas can act as a laxative and can be used for the relief of constipation. Enemas can be used prior to a medical procedure when prescribed by your doctor. Non-medicated enemas can be used for elective rectal cleansing. All enemas should be administered rectally, NOT orally.
How long does it take a Fleet laxative enema to relieve constipation?
Results will vary, but it usually begins to work within five minutes.
How long should you hold the liquid in your rectum before you use the bathroom?
Attempt to hold the enema solution until the urge to evacuate is strong, but no longer than 10 minutes.
Can I use the enema more than once?
No, the enema is disposable and designed to be used only once.
Where should the enema be inserted?
The enema should be inserted into the rectum and nowhere else.
The box states that the tip of the enema is lubricated. What is it lubricated with and why?
The tips of the Fleet Saline Enemas, Mineral Oil Enemas and Bisacodyl enemas are lubricated with petroleum jelly to ease insertion into the rectum. The tips of the Fleet Naturals Cleansing Enema contains a water-based lubricant to ease insertion into the rectum. Rectum (Rectal) - The last section of the large intestine where feces are stored before defecation, it extends from the colon to the anus.
What position is best for insertion of an enema?
The best positions are either lying down on your left side or a knee-chest position.
Do Fleet enemas contain latex?
All Fleet products are latex-free. Latex – A rubber material derived from the milky sap of rubber trees. All Fleet products are Latex-Free.
Fleet Enema (Saline)
How often can an enema be used to relieve symptoms?
The enema can be used up to seven days in a row before consulting a physician. If you have not received relief after seven days of use, please contact your doctor. Using more than one enema within 24 hours can be harmful.
What's the difference between Fleet Enema EXTRA™ and Fleet Enema?
Fleet Enema EXTRA contains 70% more volume than Fleet Enema for extra cleansing and relief.
What should I do if I administer an enema and it does not work?
If there is no bowel movement after 30 minutes, consult your physician.
Can a Fleet enema be used for a child?
Adult-sized enemas should not be used for children under age 12. CHILDREN UNDER TWO SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN AN ENEMA.
Single daily dosage. Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings. Do not use if taking another sodium phosphates product.
How to use this enema:
- Remove orange protective shield from enema Comfortip before inserting.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip from rectum and maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes). Do not retain enema solution for more than 10 minutes.
Positions for using this enema:
- Left-side position: Lie on left side with knee bent, and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
For rectal use only. Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
Ask a doctor before using this product if you:
- are on a sodium-restricted diet
- have kidney disease
- are 65 or older and under a doctor's care for any medical condition.
Ask a doctor before using any laxative if you have:
- abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks
- already used a laxative for more than 1 week
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have:
- rectal bleeding
- no bowel movement within 30 minutes of enema use
- symptoms of dehydration [feeling thirsty, dizziness, vomiting urinating less often than normal]
These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
(in each 118 mL delivered dose)
Monobasic Sodium Phosphate Monohydrate, 19 g
Dibasic Sodium Phosphate Heptahydrate, 7 g
About C.B. Fleet Co., Inc.
When Dr. Charles Browne Fleet founded this company, he did so with a commitment to serving his customers as individuals. His sincere interest in their health, and in providing trusted products to enhance their personal approach to healthcare, turned C.B. Fleet into a thriving company that has enjoyed continual growth, and the trust of millions. Now serving customers in every corner of the world, we understand the importance of maintaining those same, neighborhood values. That’s why, at the heart of our product development process, we’re always thinking of you.
4615 Murray Place