Bumble Bar - Organic Sesame Bar Gluten Free Chai Almond - 1.4 oz. (40g)
Bumble Bars Organic Sesame Bar Gluten Free Chai Almonds zesty ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon, enhance the natural flavors of sesame seeds, almonds, vanilla, and flax seeds. mildly spicy and thoroughly satisfying.
The Nutrition of BumbleBar
The Bumble Bar is gluten-free, wheat free, dairy free, and ceritified organic by the Washington State Dept. of Agriculture. They handcraft Bumble Bars in the Pacific Northwest with the finest organic ingredients for maximum health benefits:
- Bumble Bars are rich in flax seeds, which contain an abundance of life-enhancing Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs). Omega 3 EFAs maintain healthy cell structure and help protect against heart disease, cancer, arthritis and more. EFAs are thought to bolster your energy, improve hormone regulation, improve immunity and reduce stress. Flax seeds also represent one of the best dietary sources of lignans, a class of phytoestrogens that nutritionists say protect against breast, colon and prostate cancers.
- Bumble Bars are made with calcium-rich organic sesame seeds to help build strong bones. Sesame seeds contain three times as much calcium as an equivalent amount of milk. And studies show that sesamin, a lignan found only in sesame seeds, is a strong antioxidant that fights free radicals and helps with your cholesterol.
- Bumble Bars are rich in fiber. Nutritionists say the soluble kind of fiber found in flax seeds can help lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels.
- Bumble Bars are also gluten-free, wheat-free and dairy-free, filling a need among the growing number of people who are wheat- or dairy-intolerant.
- Bumble Bars are made without genetically modified ingredients and are pesticide-free.
More on Omega 3 Benefits
BumbleBar's main ingredients are sesame and flax seed. Flax contains Essential Fatty Acids and is rich in Omega 3's! Unlike Trans Fatty Acids, these fats are plant-based and essential to good health.
- Because your body does not make them. They are only available through their diets or through supplementation, and...
- Because a full 60% of their brain is composed of fats, and EFAs, especially the Omega 3s DHA and arachidonic acid, are the most abundant and the most important, and...
- Studies show that children with ADD ADHD have lower levels of essential fatty acids than do non-ADD ADHD children, and...
- Studies show that lower levels of EFAs can result in problems with learning, behavior, temper, sleep, and immune function. These problems can be significantly helped when EFA levels are brought up to normal levels.
The Power of Flax
Flax is one of the most ancient cultivated plants. Flax is natures richest source of:
- Omega 3 essential fatty acids: For healthy cell structure and cancer prevention
- Plant Lignans: Comparable to soy as a natural estrogen regulator.
- Dietary Fiber: For a healthy heart and colon.
One Bumble Bar contains 1/2 Tablespoon of Flax
The Mission of BumbleBar
At BumbleBar take much pride in making delicious, certified-organic, gluten-free snacks. They also care a great deal about doing the right thing for people and the planet. The People, Profit, Planet concept is one that has been growing in popularity among socially responsible businesses in the past several years. People, Profit, Planet represents the "triple bottom line" of sustainable business talk. All three concepts are intertwined -- if one suffers, they all suffer. People means that they work hard to create a great environment for their employees and develop wonderful relationships with their suppliers and their customers.
Most food companies farm out their production and become food marketers. They believe in providing living wage jobs in their community of Spokane, WA. This is why they still handcraft the BumbleBar themselves. Additionally, their suppliers benefit from their unique loyalty program. This program lets their vendors know that they value their business practices as much as the pricing of their commodities. For example, they purchase most of their ingredients from worker owned cooperatives. Purchasing directly from the farmers means that the farmers don't have to sell to brokers, who take a large chunk of their profit.
At BumbleBar, they are committed to social and economic justice. And, buying directly from farmer owned co-ops benefits communities from Indonesia, Turkey, Nicaragua, Canada, and Honduras. Profit means that they need to be profitable to be a sustainable business -- if they aren't profitable, they can't do their best work for the other two legs, people and the planet. Planet means that businesses must create business models that sustain the planet. BumbleBar goes beyond what most people might expect from an organic food company. They constantly monitor their waste stream, reducing their scrap products so they don't end up in the landfill. Instead of throwing out underweight bars, they send them out as samples. They use eco-friendly paper products and biodegradable cleaning products. They use recycled shipping boxes to ship out their BumbleBars to folks who order directly on the web site, and they use Eco-Flow cornstarch packing peanuts. Invoices are printed on recycled paper.