Powerbar - Harvest Energy Whole Grain Bar Double Chocolate Crisp - 2.29 oz. (65g)
PowerBar Harvest Energy bar is a great choice for use before or during moderate-intensity exercise and sports like climbing, hiking and skiing. Natural whole oats, along with 10g protein and 5g fiber deliver nutritious, long lasting energy and taste great!
Fueling up right can make a big impact on how you feel and perform no matter what you're tackling. Eat 1 bar 30-60 minutes before exercise, and for activities lasting over 1 hour, eat 1 bar per hour.
PowerBar Harvest Energy bar - key features:
- 10g protein
- 20% daily value of fiber
- One whole serving of whole grains
- Key vitamins and minerals
- No preservatives or artificial flavors
Frequently asked questions
How do I use PowerBar Harvest Energy bars?
PowerBar Harvest Energy bar is a great choice for use before or during moderate-intensity exercise and sports like climbing, hiking and skiing. Natural whole oats, along with 10g protein and 5g fiber deliver nutritious, long-lasting energy and they taste great. Here are some examples of ways you can incorporate this bar into your sports nutrition game plan:
- If you're en route and don't have the time or opportunity for a regular pre-exercise meal, make sure you have a few of these bars handy, and consume one as part of a high-carbohydrate meal 2-4 hours before exercise
- They're a convenient and portable high-energy snack 30-60 minutes before your activity.
- Refuel by consuming one bar per hour during exercise that lasts for over an hour.
- Consume a bar between meals to keep up your energy levels and to ward off hunger.
- Feel free to use these bars interchangeably with other PowerBar products when you want more variety.
What kind of energy will I get from a PowerBar Harvest Energy bar?
PowerBar Harvest Energy bars are great tasting, nutritious snacks that fill you up and keep you going throughout the day. Each PowerBar Harvest Energy bar has whole grains, fiber, and soy protein for long lasting energy plus essential vitamins and minerals.
How do PowerBar Harvest Energy bars provide long lasting energy?
Between 70-75% of the energy in a PowerBar Harvest Energy bar comes from carbohydrates, the primary fuel used by working muscles. The Harvest Energy bar also consists of whole oats, fiber, and protein, which are ingredients that take more time to digest compared to simple sugars. As a result, carbohydrates are released into your bloodstream over a longer period of time and provide longer-lasting energy. PowerBar Harvest Energy bar is also fortified with B-complex vitamins, which are important for energy metabolism.
Is the PowerBar Harvest Energy bar all natural?
PowerBar Harvest Energy bars are not all natural but they feature whole grains such as oats and brown rice, dried fruit pieces, no preservatives and no artificial ingredients. Please check the ingredient statement on individual flavors for more information.
I'm lactose intolerant. Can I eat PowerBar Harvest Energy bars?
All PowerBar Harvest Energy bar flavors contain some milk products. Although the amount of lactose is low enough that most lactose-intolerant people will be able to eat these bars, the small amount of lactose in each bar may cause gastric upset in some individuals who are highly intolerant of lactose.
Is PowerBar Harvest Energy bar approved for diabetics?
PowerBar Harvest Energy bars are used successfully by many diabetics. PowerBar Harvest Energy bars provide 3 carbohydrate exchanges and 1 lean-protein exchange as defined by the American Dietetic Association and the American Diabetes Association. As with any food item, it is important to review the carbohydrate content so you can factor this into how you manage your diabetes. Check with your health care professional for more information.
I have food allergies. Can I eat PowerBar Harvest Energy bars?
If you are allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, milk, soy, or gluten (from wheat or barley), you should not eat PowerBar Harvest™ Energy bars
- Peanuts/Nuts: PowerBar Harvest Energy bars are made on equipment that processes products with peanuts and/or nuts. So, if you have peanut or nut allergies we recommend that you do not eat Harvest Energy bars.
- Milk: All PowerBar Harvest Energy bars contain milk. If you are allergic to dairy products, we recommend that you do not eat PowerBar Harvest Energy bars.
- Soy: All flavors contain soy protein isolate. If allergic to soy, we recommend that you do not eat PowerBar Harvest Energy bars.
- Eggs: All PowerBar Harvest Energy bars do not contain egg ingredients.
- Gluten: All flavors contain oats, which could be a potential source of gluten. Some flavors contain wheat flour and/or malt. If you are sensitive to gluten, we recommend that you do not eat PowerBar Harvest Energy bars.
- Consult with your physician for more information on food allergies and sensitivities.
Will PowerBar Harvest Energy bars freeze?
With its open texture, PowerBar Harvest Energy bars can be consumed in cold weather conditions. However, most food products do harden in freezing temperatures. Try softening the bar by warming it next to your body for a few minutes, or keep it on an inside pocket while you are out in the cold.
How should I store my PowerBar Harvest Energy bars?
Store PowerBar Harvest Energy bars in a cool, dry place, between 40-80° F. PowerBar Harvest Energy bars do not need to be refrigerated. However, storing a PowerBar Harvest Energy bar in areas where the temperature exceeds 80° F for an extended period of time will result in significant changes to the taste, texture, color, and coating of the product.
How long will my PowerBar Harvest Energy bars last?
Each PowerBar Harvest Energy bar is stamped with a "best by" date. Although it is safe to eat PowerBar Harvest Energy bars after this date, we recommend that you use them by the "best by" date to ensure you're enjoying the freshest product and receiving the full nutritional benefits of the product
Their Goal. Their Passion. Their Mission.
To excel in your sport or fitness endeavor, you have to set goals, be driven. You push hard. You strengthen your commitment.
They play by the same rules. Commitment. Passion. And the push to help you succeed.
They're passionate about sports and fitness, health and wellness. That's why we started POWERBAR to begin with-to help athletes like you reach your goals by providing convenient nutritional products. All of their products are backed by decades of sports nutrition science and must live up to their high standards to meet the nutrition and energy needs of all athletes-from world-class champions and dedicated amateurs to beginners.