Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags 13 Gallon by Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags 13 Gallon 20 Bags
Seventh Generation Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags 13 Gallon are made from 55% recycled plastic. Recycled-content trash bags are a more-sustainable choice for your home and the planet. You probably already know how important it is to recycle, to keep unnecessary amounts of garbage out of already overcrowded landfills. By reusing plastic materials that have fulfilled their intended end use (called 'post-consumer recycled material') and turning them into recycled products like this one, Seventh Generation plays and important part in the overall recycling process.
The process of manufacturing from recycled materials requires 40% less energy compared to bags made from virgin plastic. This reduces the amount of carbon dioxide emitted into the atmosphere, and helps slow global warming. Processing crude petroleum into virgin plastic creates many dangerous chemicals. The 436 plastic production facilities in the United States emit of 37 million pounds of toxic air emissions and create over 2.5 billion pounds of production-related waste each year. This pollution and waste is dramatically reduced or avoided entirely with trash bags made from recycled materials.
Available in both kitchen-size drawstring bags and in larger sizes for bigger jobs, recycled-content trash bags are more sustainable choice for your home and the planet.
Seventh Generation is committed to becoming the world's most trusted brand of authentic, safe, and environmentally-responsible products for a healthy home. For 20 years, the closely held Burlington, Vermont-based company has been at the forefront of a cultural change in consumer behavior and business ethics.
One of the country's first self-declared "socially responsible" companies, Seventh Generation is a business that operates according to a new and different set of principles and values that in many ways are a marked departure from those long considered "traditional." Its business practice is focused on offering people avenues to express their idealism, passion, and commitment to causes larger than themselves at every point along its supply chainâ€”from suppliers and partners to shareholders, customers and its own staff.
The company derives its name from the Great Law of the Iroquois that states, "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." Every time you use a Seventh Generation product you are making a difference by saving natural resources, reducing pollution, keeping toxic chemicals out of the environment and making the world a safer place for this and the next seven generations.
Seventh Generation Global Imperatives
- Restore the Environment: Restore is the next reduce, reuse, recycle. Seventh Generation is working to ensure that their products have a circular lifecycle, meaning natural resources are being used and renewed at a rate that is always below their rate of depletion.
- Inspire Conscious Consumption: Seventh Generation's focus is to inspire thoughtful consideration of each purchase—from the immediate impact of the products you buy (Is it safe? Is it gentle on the earth? Does it work?), to the broader impact throughout their lifecycle.
- Create a Just and Equitable World: Seventh Generation is committed to making sure that everyone their company interacts with—from the farmers who grow their lavender to the customers who use these products—are treated fairly and with respect.
Seventh Generation Operating Principles
- Systems Thinking: As suggested by The Great Law of the Iroquois, Seventh Generation strives to act with the knowledge that their business belongs to a larger system in which everything is interconnected, and that everything they do affects everything else.
- Radical Transparency: Seventh Generation believe that the best way to ensure that they live up to their aspirations is to be completely transparent about their business and product practices. You should expect to see all of their values and principles in everything they make, say, and do. It’s really that simple.
- Influence Beyond Their Size: Seventh Generation is determined to inspire others through innovation, education, and interaction. They proudly donate 10% of their profits to support organizations that work for positive change.
Kitchen Trash Bags: 55% recycled plastic (16% post-consumer, 39% pre-consumer)
About Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of non-toxic and environmentally safe household products. With distribution in thousands of natural product and grocery stores nationwide, the company has become the authority when it comes to products that protect your health and the planet. It has also won over 15 major awards that recognize their efforts to preserve the environment. Seventh Generation derives its name from the Iroquois belief that "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." Every time you use a Seventh Generation product, you are making a difference by saving natural resources, reducing pollution, keeping toxic chemicals out of the environment and making the world a safer place for this and the next seven genera
60 Lake Street
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
I bought this product hoping to do my part to help the environment, while fulfulling a household need. Unfortunately, these bags are not strong. Every single one has ripped as I pulled it out of the garbage can. The first time this happened the bag was full, so I thought that was the reason. The bags still ripped with less garbage in them, making them more or less useless. If you want to help the environment I would recommend some of Seventh Generation's other products. If you want your garbage to stay in the bag don't get this product.
A little weak, bag tears easy
In the two years that I have been using these, I have only had one bag rip and we fill it to the top. And Lucky Vitamin has the best price around.