One Step Home Scan Liver Health Screen 2 Tests by TestMedica
TestMedica One Step Home Scan Liver Health Screen - 2 Tests
TestMedica One Step Home Scan Liver Health Screen checks for bilirubin in the urine. Bilirubin is a breakdown product of bile, which is produced in the liver and normally stored in the gall bladder. It is then excreted into the small intestine to aid in the digestion of fats. However, in certain disease processes such as Hepatitis, Cirrhosis of the liver, liver cancer, and in conditions where the bile ducts become blocked, the bile can be absorbed into the blood stream, converted to bilirubin, and excreted into the urine. Therefore, the bilirubin test is generally considered a check on the liver.
Increased urinary bilirubin may indicate:
- Biliary strictures cirrhosis gallstones in the biliary tract
- Hepatitis with associated biliary obstruction
- Surgical trauma affecting the biliary tract
- Tumors of the liver or gall bladder
Bile acids are produced in the liver from cholesterol and secreted into the small intestine to help with the absorption of dietary fat and cholesterol. Bile acid sequestrants bind bile acids in the small intestine and carry them out of the body. This causes the body to use more cholesterol to make more bile acids, which are secreted into the small intestine, bound to bile acid sequestrants, and carried out of the body. The end result is lower cholesterol levels. Bile acid sequestrants also prevent absorption of some dietary cholesterol.
Get added support for this serious disease by taking care of your nutritional needs. According to research or other evidence, the following self-care steps may help improve liver function and limit future damage:
- Stop drinking
- Head off additional liver damage by avoiding alcohol
- Balance protein and amino acids
- Work with a knowledgeable health professional to determine that amount of protein or specific amino acids that will meet your daily needs without overtaxing your liver
- Discover SAMe
- Taking 1,200 mg a day of this nutritional supplement can improve liver function, bile flow, and survival
- Try milk thistle
- Protect liver cells and improve function by taking a daily herbal supplement delivering 420 to 600 mg of silymarin
- Get to know phosphatidylcholine
- Take 900 mg a day of this nutritional supplement to improve liver function
- These recommendations are not comprehensive and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or pharmacist. Continue reading the full liver cirrhosis article for more in-depth, fully-referenced information on medicines, vitamins, herbs, and dietary and lifestyle changes that may be helpful.
Get a handle on hepatitis. This common liver disease can be severe, or even fatal, so it is important to know the facts. According to research or other evidence, the following self-care steps may be helpful:
- Get evaluated
- See a healthcare provider to determine the cause and best treatment for your condition
- Check out SAMe
- 1,600 mg a day of the supplement S-adenosylmethionine may help resolve blocked bile flow
- Reduce damage with milk thistle
- Take a standardized herbal extract providing 420 mg a day of silymarin to help the liver
- Try phyllanthus: 900 to 2,700 mg a day of this herb may be beneficial for people with hepatitis B
- These recommendations are not comprehensive and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or pharmacist. Continue reading the full hepatitis article for more in-depth, fully-referenced information on medicines, vitamins, herbs, and dietary and lifestyle changes that may be helpful.
Dip reagent end of strip in FRESH, well mixed urine and remove immediately. (Or, wet reagent area by passing through urine stream.) While removing, run the edge of the strip against the rim of the urine container to remove excess urine. Compare the test area with the color chart at the time specified (30 seconds).
Two Liver Health Screen Tests
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
Taking care of your liver is probably one of the most important things you can do......I get two boxes of these each time I order.....if I pass the monthly test I do I only use one...if I fail I make sure to take another one and be sure then make adjustments to my lifestyle.