Omega Zyme Digestive Enzyme Blend by Garden of Life
Garden of Life - Omega Zyme Digestive Enzyme Blend - 81 Grams
Garden of Life Omega Zyme Digestive Enzyme Blend provides 20 different digestive enzymes. Each of these enzymes has a specific function. For example, the protease blend aids the digestion and utilization of dietary proteins. Amylase digests starch, lipase digests fats, and lactase digests the milk sugar lactose. Garden of Life understands that having a broad range of enzymes to support the digestion of a multitude of nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract is vital to the efficacy of the product. Additionally, Garden of Life believes that enzyme viability at different pH levels is equally important. Garden of Life Omega Zyme Digestive Enzyme Blend was specifically formulated to include enzymes that are active across different pH levels.
With 20 different digestive enzymes, Garden of Life Omega Zyme Digestive Enzyme Blend provides a broad array of enzymes to help your body process a wide variety of foods.
The human body is capable of accomplishing incredible feats and overcoming obstacles, provided that it receives proper, wholesome nutrition. Consuming enzyme rich foods and/or highly active enzyme supplements like O-Zyme are two valuable approaches to ensure your body gets the enzymes it needs to support healthy digestion which is essential to overall health.
Garden of Life Omega Zyme Digestive Enzyme Blend Highlights:
- Provides 20 different vegetarian digestive enzymes that help you process proteins, carbohydrates, fats and difficult-to-digest foods like broccoli, nuts, seeds and beans.
- A great way to get the enzymes you need is to consume a diet high in "live" raw and fermented foods, and/or to supplement your diet with digestive enzymes such as those found in O-Zyme.
Products for Life
Combining the Best of Nature and Science
The team at Garden of Life has set the industry standard with regard to digestive support supplements. These products were designed to support the gastrointestinal tract in its role of digestion and assimilation.
While each of the Garden of Life digestive products can stand alone, they are designed to be used together. A properly tuned gastrointestinal tract is your key to good health. If your gastrointestinal tract is "out of tune" then you owe it to yourself to see if the Garden of Life Digestive Health Line can assist you on your journey to optimal health.
Dr. Joseph Brasco, Medical Advisor to Garden of Life, Board Certified in Gastroenterology, Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Co-author of "Restoring Your Digestive Health": "A healthy gastrointestinal tract is your gateway to overall health and vitality. Proper diet and a prudent lifestyle are foundational in achieving these goals. While nothing can replace diet and lifestyle there are a group of supplements that can support digestive health. These supplements become especially important for those times when optimal diet and lifestyle are just not possible."Garden of Life Omega Zyme Digestive Enzyme Blend FAQ's
What are enzymes and why do I need them?
Enzymes are protein-like substances that act as catalysts for all chemical reactions in the body. Enzymes help maintain the body's tissues, orchestrate its functions and digest food. There are three kinds of enzymes:
- Metabolic Enzymes - spark many of the reactions inside cells, enabling our organs, tissues, and cells to work properly.
- Food Enzymes - supplied by what we eat, they help break down food before our digestive enzymes are called upon. The majority of food enzymes are destroyed at temperatures above 118ºF, so nearly all cooked and processed foods are devoid of them.
- Indigenous Digestive Enzymes - secreted by the pancreas into the small intestine, they break down the nutrients in the foods we eat that have not already been broken down by food enzymes.
Garden of Life believes that enzymes are perhaps our most important and overlooked dietary component. Before the advent of modern food processing, we ate a diet that was rich in "live" raw and fermented foods. These foods contained many of the food enzymes that our diet lacks today. Food enzymes aid in the digestion of food. Without them, the body must produce more digestive enzymes to break down the nutrients in the food we consume.
A great way to get the enzymes you need is to consume a diet high in "live" raw and fermented foods, and/or to supplement your diet with digestive enzymes such as those found in Omega Zyme.
What makes Omega Zyme different from other enzyme supplements?
Omega Zyme is one of the most complex and comprehensive digestive enzyme products available, with 20 different digestive enzymes. Plus, it is formulated with one of the highest activity levels for individual enzymes.
What's in Omega Zyme?
Omega Zyme contains potent enzymes that support the digestion of a multitude of nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract, including:
- Protease blend of five proteolytic enzymes aids digestion and utilization of dietary proteins
- Amylase digests starch
- Lipase digests fats
- Glucoamylase breaks down starch-like carbohydrates
- Malt diastase (maltase) digests maltose based carbohydrates or malt found in grains
- Invertase (sucrase) is an enzyme that breaks down sucrose into glucose and fructose
- alpha-Galactosidase helps digestion of difficult-to-digest foods such as beans, legumes and cruciferous vegetables
- Lactase digests the milk sugar lactose
- Cellulase digests fiber cellulose into smaller units
- Xylanase breaks down xylose, also called wood sugar
- Pectinase breaks down carbohydrates such as pectin, found in the pulp of many fruits
- Hemicellulase breaks down carbohydrates widely present in plant foods
- Phytase breaks down phytic acid present in many difficult-to-digest grains and beans. Research supports the view that phytic acid present in plant foods interferes with digestion of proteins and utilization of many important minerals, such as zinc, magnesium, and iron
- Beta-glucanase breaks down bulky beta-glucan molecules into smaller units
- Bromelain, derived from pineapple, breaks down a broad variety of proteins
- Papain, derived from papaya, also digests proteins into peptides and amino acids
About Garden of Life
Garden of Life's Mission
Their products are designed to let you take control of your own health.
They believe in premium nutrition that goes beyond the ordinary.
Your health is a gift, and extraordinary health is a goal worth pursuing-both for you and for your family.
Garden of Life's Vision
Garden of Life's commitment to health goes beyond offering some of the most effective nutritional products in the world. They are interested in building relationships with people to help them transform their lives to attain extraordinary health. By combining the best of nature and science, the Garden of Life brand offers a path to healthy living with premium products that are supported by education and innovation.
Garden of Life's Health Philosophy
As recognized by the United States Congress, there is a direct correlation between nutrition, exercise and health. Raw, whole food nutrition, from organically grown sources, is more beneficial for health than isolated nutrients. When coupled with exercise, a diet that includes the consumption of raw, live foods, particularly those containing probiotics, enzymes, and products of their fermentation, is the foundation for a healthy lifestyle.
Adults take 1 to 4 scoops with each meal, and 1 to 2 scoops with each snack. O-Zyme can be taken on an empty stomach. 1/3 teaspoon scoop included. Shake well before each use. Not intended for children.
As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing or under medical supervision.
Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
About Garden of Life
Garden of Life’s commitment to health goes beyond offering some of the most effective nutritional products in the world. They are interested in building relationships with people to help them transform their lives to attain extraordinary health. By combining the best of nature and science, the Garden of Life brand offers a path to healthy living with premium products that are supported by education and innovation.
5500 Village Blvd., Suite 202
West Palm Beach,