Powerbar Energy Gel Green Apple - 1.44 oz.
Powerbar Energy Gel Chocolate is the first gel to provide the carbs and electrolytes of a high end sports drink, and contains 4 times the sodium of leading competitors. Sodium is the key electrolyte lost in sweat and is the only electrolyte recommended to be replaced during endurance exercise.
PowerBar Energy Gel is formulated with PowerBar C2MAX dual source energy blend, a 2:1 glucose to fructose blend found to deliver 20-50% more energy to muscles than glucose alone and improve endurance performance by 8%. PowerBar Energy gels contain 200mg sodium - a key electrolyte lost in sweat that is associated with muscle cramping in some athletes.
PowerBar Energy Gel - key features:
- Provides more energy to muscles with C2MAX
- Contains four times the sodium of leading competitors
- No preservatives or artificial flavors
For best results, consume one PowerBar Energy Gel every 20-45 minutes during activity, followed by a few sips of water.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should use PowerBar Energy Gel?
Use this product if you are looking for fast fuel during training and competition, and want a competitive edge for better performance.
How do I use PowerBar Energy Gels?
Here are some ways you can incorporate a PowerBar Energy Gel into your game plan:
PowerBar Energy Gels are designed tobe used interchangeably with Ironman Perform sports drink, a serious sports drink specifically developed by the sports nutrition experts at PowerBar. Both products are ideal before and during exercise, especially for endurance training and sports. That's why you see cyclists, marathon runners, and triathletes packing these gels when training or competing.
Maybe you're new to energy gels and not quite sure how to use them properly. Don't worry, they're easy to use. Whether you're on the field, course or on the road, when it's time to fuel, just tear open a packet, squeeze the gel into your mouth, swallow, and then chase it with a few gulps of water.
- If you're on the go and access to meals is limited, slip a few PowerBar Energy Gels into your pocket or travel bag and consume them as part of a high-carbohydrate meal 2-4 hours before exercise, or as a high-carb snackbetween meals.
- Top off muscle glycogen stores by consuming 1-2 PowerBar Energy Gels, along with water, about 10-20 minutes before exercise.
- During competitions or training sessions lasting over an hour, consume 1 energy gel every 20-45 minutes during exercise, along with a few mouthfuls of water. And remember, the combination of a PowerBar Energy Gel plus water is designed to be used interchangeably with Ironman Perform sports drink when you're looking for variety before or during exercise.
- PowerBar Energy Gels are available with 25 mg or 50 mg of caffeine per gel packet (50 mg of caffeine is equal to about half a cup of coffee). You can also get them caffeine-free. This is important, because some athletes use caffeine strategically to get a boost during long-duration events, either by preloading with caffeine just before competing, or by consumingcaffeine throughout or in the later stages of an event. If you're interested in the performance-boosting effects of caffeine, PowerBar Energy Gels can give you that extra edge.
Do I need to mix the PowerBar Energy Gel with water?
No. Simply tear off the top of the PowerBar Energy Gel packet, consume the contents, and then follow with a few sips of water.
What are the nutritional benefits of PowerBar Energy Gels?
A PowerBar Energy Gel packs the carbs and sodium of a sports drink into an easy-to-swallow, rapidly absorbed gel. Just like with PowerBar's cutting-edge sports drink, PowerBar Energy Gels are formulated with C2MAX, a 2:1 glucose to fructose blend found to deliver 20-50% more energy to muscles than glucose alone and improve enduranceperformance by 8%. Each gel packet provides 27-28 grams of carbs and 200 mg of sodium. These energy gels are designed to top off your glycogen stores just before exercise, and to help you refuel during exercise. The sodium in the gels, along with the fluids you provide, help to replace the sodium and fluids you lose as you sweat.
Do PowerBar Energy Gels contain caffeine?
Both caffeinated and non-caffeinated flavors are available. Green Apple, Chocolate and Strawberry Banana deliver 25 mg of caffeine (equivalent to 8 oz. of a cola drink); Double Latte and Tangerine are double-caffeinated to deliver 50 mg caffeine (equal to about one half cup of coffee or 1 ounce of espresso) for the times you need double the boost. Raspberry Cream and Vanilla have no added caffeine.
How much caffeine should I have?
It is important to developyour own dosing plan, but these guidelines may help you out initially:
Generally speaking, aim for 0.45-1.36 mg caffeine per lb (1-3 mg per kg) body weight. This equates to about 68-204 mg caffeine for a 150 lb (68kg) person. Caffeine can be taken all at once about 1 hour before an event, spread throughout the event, or during the latter stages when you need an energy boost.
Are PowerBar Energy Gels appropriate for diabetics?
PowerBar Energy Gels are used successfully by many diabetics. The PowerBar Energy Gel provides 2 carbohydrate exchanges as defined by the American Dietetic Association and the American Diabetes Association. As with any food item, it is important to review the carbohydrate content so you can factor this into how you manage your diabetes. Check with your health care professional for more information.
I have food allergies. Can I eat PowerBar Energy Gels?
- Peanuts/Nuts: PowerBar Energy Gels do not contain nuts. If you have peanut or nut allergies, they recommend that you could use Energy Gels.
- Milk: Energy Gels are made on equipment that also processes milk ingredients. If you are allergic to milk, they recommend that you do not eat PowerBar Energy Gels.
- Soy: Energy Gels are made on equipment that also processes soy ingredients. If you are allergic to soy, they recommend that you do not eat PowerBar Energy Gels.
- Eggs: All PowerBar Energy Gels do not contain egg ingredients.
- Wheat/Gluten: Energy Gels do not contain wheat, rye, oats or barley. If you are allergic to those grains we recommend that you could use Energy Gels. If you are gluten intolerant, we cannot define Energy Gels as a gluten-free product since this is a claim not yet defined by FDA, but there is a proposed definition under consideration. Traditionally "gluten-free" simply meant that the product contained no ingredients that were a source of gluten harmful to those with celiac sprue/gluten intolerance - rye, oats, wheat and barley, as opposed to gluten from corn or rice which is not harmful.
- Consult with your physician for more information on food allergies or sensitivities.
How should I store PowerBar Energy Gels?
For the best use, PowerBar Energy Gels should be kept between 40-80° F. No need to refrigerate.
How long will my PowerBar Energy Gels last?
Each PowerBar Energy Gel is stamped with a "best by" date. Although it is safe to use PowerBar Energy Gel after this date, we recommend that you use them by the "best by" date to ensure you're getting the freshest product and receiving the full nutritional benefits of the product.
Their Goal. Their Passion. Their Mission.
To excel in your sport or fitness endeavor, you have to set goals, be driven. You push hard. You strengthen your commitment.
They play by the same rules. Commitment. Passion. And the push to help you succeed.
They're passionate about sports and fitness, health and wellness. That's why we started POWERBAR to begin with-to help athletes like you reach your goals by providing convenient nutritional products. All of their products are backed by decades of sports nutrition science and must live up to their high standards to meet the nutritionand energy needs of all athletes-from world-class champions and dedicated amateurs to beginners.