Tex-Mex Bean Salad
This salad can be served as an entree or a side dish. For maximum flavor, allow to sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- 2 15-ounce (425g) cans organic pinto or black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh coriander
- 4 to 5 Tbs (60 to 75mL) lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Radicchio leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, red pepper, onions, olives, jalapeño, coriander, 3 Tbsp (45mL) lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside at room temperature for an hour or two.
- Just before serving, stir in the olive oil and enough additional lime juice to make the flavors pop. Mound the salad onto radicchio leaves either on a platter or individual plates.
Calories from Fat 115 (38%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
(89%)Dietary Fiber 22g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.