- Paté Brisée1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs butter
- 4 Tbs cold water
- Filling1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded arugula
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground or grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp minced lemon peel
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Mix well. Using a pastry cutter, blend in butter until mixture is crumbly and pea-sized. Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time and mix gently and briefly with a fork after each addition. Mixture should begin to bind together after the last tablespoon of water is added. If too dry, add 1 more tablespoon water. Gather mixture into a ball and let rest for 5 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and roll dough into a large circle, 12 to 14 inches in diameter. Gently press into a 9" pie pan and flute edges. Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is just beginning to turn golden brown.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté shallots, spinach, arugula and mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, half and half and eggs and beat until well combined. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, lemon peel, cheeses, bread crumbs and sautéed vegetables.
- Pour into baked pie shell and bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set. A knife inserted in the center will come out clean. Let cool slightly and cut into 8 slices.
Copyright © 2005 by CR License, LLC
Calories from Fat 106 (46%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(29%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.