Spicy Thai Noodles
A combination of rice noodles and stir-fry vegetables make this spicy dish a favorite in any household. Can serve as an entree or a side dish.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 7 oz rice noodles, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green chili pepper, fresh, sliced lengthwise very thin
- 3 green onions, chopped in 4-inch (10cm) pieces and slivered lengthwise
- 2 cups nappa cabbage, (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- In a small bowl, mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, one tsp sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Heat one tsp (5g) of sesame oil in a large skillet or wok. Add garlic, carrot, green chili and onions, stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cabbage and stir fry 2 to 3 minutes. Pour sauce over vegetables and cook for 2 minutes until hot and bubbly. Cover vegetables to keep warm.
- Pour vegetables and sauce over cooked noodles. Mix together and serve.
Calories from Fat 22 (8%)
(4%)Total Fat 3g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 63g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.