Quick Bean and Cheese Burrito
A quick meal that can be a life saver on those busy nights. Ingredients are simple and easy to keep on hand. Kids love these burritos.
- 7 flour tortillas, 10-inch (25cm) diameter
- Filling:3 1/2 cups fat-free refried beans, (two 16-ounce cans)
- 1/2 cup green chiles, canned, chopped (one 4-ounce can)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese*, shredded
- Preheat over to 400°F (205°C).
- Prepare filling by mixing refried beans, chilies, cumin and garlic together in a bowl.
- Grate cheese.
- Assemble burrito by spooning approximately 1/2 cup (130g) bean filling into the center of each tortilla and top with about one Tbsp of cheddar cheese. Fold in ends and then sides. Place burritos seam side down on baking sheets that have been sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with a dab of light sour cream and salsa.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 75 (25%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.