Mini pumpkin soufflés bring the flavors of autumn to your table. Serve alongside gingersnaps.
- 6 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Sugar for dish
- Heat oven to 375°F. Coat four lightly greased 8-oz soufflé dishes evenly and completely with sugar. Place in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until foamy. Beating constantly, add 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbs at a time, beating after each addition until sugar is dissolved before adding the next. Continue beating until whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks.
- Beat egg yolks in separate bowl on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Fold in pumpkin and pie spice. Gently but thoroughly fold yolk mixture into whites until no streaks of white remain. Pour into soufflé dishes, dividing evenly.
- Place pan with soufflé dishes on rack in middle of 375°F oven. Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of dishes. Bake until soufflés are puffy and delicately browned, 15–20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 62 (30%)
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.