A fun variation of traditional apple crisp. This recipe makes plenty for company, for a smaller amount just make half the recipe.
- 9 cups (about 2kg) pears, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Topping:1 cup rolled oats, regular or quick-cooking
- 1/2 cup flour, unbleached
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbs margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the pears, sugar, lemon juice and 1 tsp (2g) cinnamon. Transfer the fruit mixture into a 9x13-inch (25x35cm) baking dish that has been sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and 1 tsp (2g) cinnamon. With a fork or pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over pear mixture. Bake for 50 minutes until topping is nicely brown on top. Serve with a dollop of reduced-fat whipped cream.
Calories from Fat 72 (24%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 54g
(27%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.