Mini Chèvre Cheesecakes with Pears in Lavender Honey
These mini cheesecakes are the perfect dessert for any gathering or Sunday brunch.
Pears in Lavender Honey1 cup mild honey
- 1 Tbs dried lavender buds (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 3 cups ripe pears, peeled and chopped
Mini Cheesecakes3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 11 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 oz soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 18 Fresh raspberries or lavender sprigs (garnish)
Pears in Lavender HoneyIn small saucepan, combine honey and lavender (or vanilla). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and set aside to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain honey into heat-proof bowl; discard lavender.
- Return honey to saucepan and add pears. Stir over medium-high heat until honey comes to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer gently 1 to 2 minutes (cook just long enough to infuse pears with flavor, they should retain their shape).
- Remove from heat and cool. Cover and chill pears in syrup. Can be prepared up to two days before serving.
Mini CheesecakesPreheat oven to 350°F. Line eighteen (2 ¾-inch) muffin cups with paper cups.
- In medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, sugar, and melted butter. Spoon mixture evenly into the cups (about 1 tablespoon each) and pat down to an even layer.
- Bake 4 to 6 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Place cream cheese, goat cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla in bowl of food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl once or twice.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and process 5 to 10 seconds to blend well.
- Spoon filling into muffin cups. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until almost set in center. Cool in pan on wire rack; remove cheesecakes from pan to covered container and chill three hours or up to two days.
- To serve, drain pears, reserving syrup. Top each cheesecake with 1 tablespoon of pears and drizzle with about 1/2 teaspoon of syrup. Garnish each with a fresh raspberry or fresh lavender sprig, if desired.
Calories from Fat 107 (44%)
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.