Linguine with Spinach and Asiago Cheese
Quick, easy and delicious describe this recipe. Serve with salad and a hearty whole grain roll.
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups spinach leaves, whole, fresh, packed
- 3 Tbs Asiago cheese*, grated (or fresh, grated Parmesan)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done and drain.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Add linguine to spinach, mix together and heat. Mix in Asiago cheese and ground pepper and heat just until cheese begins to melt.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 55 (17%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 57g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.