Hot Chocolate Soufflé
Dust soufflé with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream.
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 egg yolks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and salt in medium saucepan; gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until foamy. Beating constantly, add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 2 Tbs at a time, beating after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks.
- Stir egg yolks into reserved sauce until blended. Gently but thoroughly fold yolk mixture into whites until no streaks of white remain. Carefully pour into ungreased, 2 quart soufflé dish. For a "top hat," hold metal spatula upright and make a ring in top of the soufflé mixture, if desired.
- Bake in 350°F oven until soufflé is puffy, delicately browned, and shakes slightly when oven rack is moved gently back and forth, 30–40 minutes. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 43 (26%)
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.