Vanilla Bean Cherry Chocolate Granola Bars
A truly healthy and delicious granola bar, sweetened with apple sauce and agave.
- ¾ cup un-sweetened organic apple sauce
- 2 Tbs agave nectar
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown rice cereal
- ½ cup millet
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, allowing it to hang off the side. Spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Slice vanilla bean down the center and using a spoon scrape out the inside. Place the scrapings in a medium bowl, discard bean. Add apple sauce, agave nectar, and almond butter, stirring well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine, oats, rice cereal, millet, almonds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, dried cherries, chocolate chips, and salt.
- Add reserved apple sauce mixture to oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into reserved baking dish and press so it is even and flat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Lift sides of parchment paper to release from pan and place on a cooling rack for an additional 10 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut into granola bars.
- Can be stored in the freezer or fridge.
Calories from Fat 99 (48%)
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.