Hash Brown-Crusted Mediterranean Quiche
Hash brown potatoes make a delightful crust for this Mediterranean inspired quiche.
- 3 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, quartered, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped drained oil-packed artichoke hearts
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups marinara sauce, warmed
- Heat oven to 425°F. Press potatoes evenly on bottom and sides of greased 10-inch quiche dish or pie plate. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake in 425°F oven until potatoes are lightly browned and crisp, about 30 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 375°F.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini, bell pepper and artichokes; sauté until crisp-tender.
- Beat eggs, milk, cheese, basil and oregano in large bowl until blended. Add zucchini mixture; mix well. Pour into potato crust.
- Bake in center of 375°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve with marinara sauce.
Calories from Fat 157 (35%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 57g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.