Grilled Blackened Barramundi Sandwich
Cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes bring a nice bit of heat to these sandwiches.
- 4 barramundi fillets
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 baguette
- 2 Tbs sweet paprika
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Cole Slaw4 cups red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 carrots (shredded)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 1/2 red onion (halved and sliced thinly)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs prepared mustard
- 1 Tbs capers
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle (minced)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Light a charcoal or gas grill. Place all the spices in a bowl and mix well. Divide baguette into four lengths approximately as long as the fillets and split each in half.
- Heat butter in a frying pan until just melted and turn off heat. Coat fish with butter by either brushing it on or by placing fillet in pan just long enough to coat. Place buttered fillets on a plate or platter. Also butter the split face of the baguette in the same manner and set aside.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture on all sides of fish, coating liberally. Grill fish for about three or four minutes on each side, avoiding open flame. The end result will be dark, some of the herbs may even be a little burned, and the fish should be just done.
- Remove fish from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes. Grill bread, buttered face only, until just golden.
- Cole SlawCombine all the vegetable ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add to vegetables. Adjust seasoning, and let sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- To assemble, place a liberal amount of coleslaw on one half of baguette, add a fillet, top with other half of baguette and hold everything together with a long tooth pick.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 346 (36%)
(60%)Total Fat 39g
(59%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 116g
(37%)Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.