Grilled Apple Chicken
A classic sweet and tart chicken dish that kids will love. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes.
- 8 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 12 oz container, frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into thick rings
- Preheat grill to medium (if using gas grill), or until charcoal is covered with gray ash and is medium-hot.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate, honey, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes). Set aside 1 cup of mixture to serve as sauce; use remaining for basting.
- Arrange apple rings on grill and brush with basting sauce. Grill for 8 minutes and baste often. Turn apple rings over and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; basting often.
- Meanwhile, place chicken on grill. Brush with basting sauce and grill for 5 minutes (10 minutes if frozen). Turn chicken over and baste again. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes more (10 to 15 minutes if frozen) or until internal juices run clear; basting often. Discard leftover basting sauce.
- Serve chicken and apples with reserved sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 30 (12%)
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.