Fruited Pork Tenderloin Salad
A time-tested classic, this traditional salad gets a contemporary twist with the addition of stir-fried pork tenderloin.
- 1 pork tenderloin, cut into stir-fry strips
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp poppy seed
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 small red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- In small bowl whisk together grapefruit juice, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, poppy seed, honey and mustard until well blended; set aside. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork strips; cook about 3 minutes or until pork is lightly browned.
- On each of four dinner plates place 1 1/2 cups greens, top with pork strips and arrange grapefruit sections, grapes and strawberries around pork. Spoon dressing over salads.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 104 (30%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.