Absolutely delicious! Start to marinate the fish at least two hours before you plan to serve it.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillets, or steaks
- Combine all ingredients except for fish in a shallow dish large enough to hold the halibut.
- Place fish in the dish and marinate for at least two hours, turning once or twice.
- Remove fish from marinade and broil or grill for about 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total per inch (2.5cm) of thickness). Transfer fish to a serving dish.
- Heat remaining marinade in the microwave for one minute; then pour over fish. Serve while hot.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 67 (30%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.