- Corn or safflower oil for frying
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 lbs flaked, cooked crab meat
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbs butter
- 12 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded, about 3 cups
- 1 5 3/4 oz can pitted, jumbo, black olives
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- Tomatilo Sauce1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Tbs corn or safflower oil
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos husked or 16 ounces canned tomatillos, drained
- 1 Tbs chopped, canned, peeled, green chili
- 2 Tbs minced fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sour Cream Sauce1 Cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 chopped green onion
- Enchiladas:Heat 1/8-inch oil in a large frying pan and fry tortillas until lightly browned on the edges; drain on paper towels. Sauté onions in butter until soft. Spread about ¼ cup of the crabmeat in a ribbon on each tortilla, sprinkle with onions and about 1 tablespoon of the tomatillo sauce and roll up. Arrange seam side down in a greased baking dish. Lightly spoon tomatillo sauce over and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in a pre-heated 400 F oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with olives. Arrange avocado slices and tomato wedges on top. Pass the sour cream sauce.
- Tomatillo Sauce:In a frying pan, cook onion in oil until translucent, set aside. If using fresh tomatillos, cook in boiling, salted water to cover until tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Puree tomatillos in blender with just enough water to make a smooth sauce; add to onions. Add chili and coriander and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sour Cream Sauce:Mix together the sour cream, coriander or parsley, salt, garlic, and green onion.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 256 (59%)
(45%)Total Fat 29g
(49%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.