Caribbean Style Albacore
Yogurt, orange marmalade, lime juice, and curry powder make a wonderful sauce alongside freshly cooked albacore steaks.
- 1 1/2 lbs Pacific albacore, loin cuts or steaks
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 Tbs orange marmalade
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/8 scant teaspoon salt
- Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Blend together yogurt, marmalade, 2 teaspoons lime juice and curry powder. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice and salt. Baste albacore with oil mixture.
- Place on well-greased grate 5-6 inches from hot briquettes. Cook 8 minutes per inch of fish, measured at thickest point, turning once and basting frequently. Do not overcook! Albacore should be pink in the center when removed from the heat. Serve with curry yogurt sauce. Garnish with assorted fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries, melon and grapes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Cooking Tip: Albacore may be broiled on a well-greased broiler pan 5-6 inches from source of heat. Follow grilling times and instructions.
Calories from Fat 82 (29%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.