Burgundy Beef & Vegetable Stew
This hearty beef stew is especially tender and rich in flavor thanks to the addition of Burgundy wine.
- 1- 1/2 lbs beef for stew, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1- 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole pearl onions
- 2 Tbs cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches; pour off drippings. Return beef to pan; season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, wine and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 hours. Stir in carrots and onions; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in sugar snap peas. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 169 (58%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.