Who says a BLT has to be a sandwich? This pretty salad turns its back on convention and makes a great lunch or light dinner.
- 12 slices bacon, crisply-cooked
- 4 cups romaine, shredded
- 16 dried tomato halves, drained if packed in oil, rehydrated if dried
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Coarsely crumble bacon and set aside. In large bowl, toss together romaine, tomatoes and mushrooms. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings; toss with salad mixture and divide evenly among four dinner plates. Top each salad with some bacon and sliced green onion.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cornbread and a tall glass of ice tea.
Calories from Fat 207 (74%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.