Basic Microwave French Omelet
Feeling sophisticated? Combine broccoli, brie, and toasted almonds. In a south-of-the-border mood? Try corn, salsa, chorizo, and jalapeño cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or other filling of your choice)
- Beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper in small bowl until blended.
- Microwave butter in 9-inch glass pie plate on high until melted, about 30 seconds. Tilt plate to coat bottom evenly. Pour egg mixture into hot pie plate. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, leaving a small vent.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2–2 minutes. Do not stir.
- When top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place filling on one half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half with spatula; slide from pie plate onto serving plate. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 228 (72%)
Total Fat 25g
Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.