Banana Bread Oatmeal
Recreate the essence of banana bread using a morning breakfast staple: oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 4-5 walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened almond breeze (use up to 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup organic soy milk (use up to 1/3 cup)
- Ground cinnamon
- Cook the oats according to package directions (I cooked mine in the microwave with 1 1/4 cup water).
- Top with bananas, walnuts, cinnamon, and stevia and stir to combine.
- Pour the almond milk and soy milk over the oats until they have reached the consistency you want (for thicker oats, use less milk).
- Stir to combine.
Calories from Fat 146 (40%)
(27%)Total Fat 17g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 42g
(33%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.