Baja Black Beans, Corn, and Rice
A south of the border blend of textures and flavors. Serve hot as a main dish or side dish with grilled meat or chicken.
- 6 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 2/3 cups black beans, (one 15-ounce can), rinsed and drained
- 1 2/3 cups corn, (one 15-ounce can), drained
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Cook brown rice.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- To serve, place a scoop of hot rice in a bowl or on a plate, top with a generous scoop of the black bean mixture. Stir together before eating.
Calories from Fat 43 (12%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 68g
(38%)Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.