Alaska Surimi Seafood Lettuce Cups
Crab-filled lettuce cups make a refreshing appetizer or quick lunch.
- 12 oz surimi seafood (imitation crab)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (preferably short grain Japanese rice)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Asian-style salad dressing, bottled (preferably with ginger and wasabi), or for a lighter version use a low- or non-fat dressing
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger, chopped, optional garnish
- 1/2 cup toasted nori (seaweed), optional garnish
- 3 Tbs toasted sesame seeds, garnish
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Lettuce cups:Cut off the bottom third of the lettuce head. Soak lettuce top in ice water for 10 minutes - this will help separate the leaves. Carefully separate the outer lettuce leaves, one at a time, to make the cups. Using scissors, trim each lettuce cup to form circles. A head of iceberg should yield 8 to 10 lettuce cups. Save the lettuce core for a chopped lettuce salad.
- Salad:Combine Alaska Surimi Seafood, cooked rice, cucumber and avocado in a large bowl. Add salad dressing; toss to coat all ingredients. Place lettuce cups on a large plate and fill each with about 1/2 cup of the surimi-rice filling. Garnish with pickled ginger (optional), nori (optional) and sesame seeds to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 80 (25%)
(15%)Total Fat 9g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.