We lost the trail.
Sorry, we didn't find any items in
Le Saunier De Camargue
More About Le Saunier De Camargue
About Le Saunier De Camargue:
The salt-vocation of Aigues-Mortes goes back to antiquity (IV BC). Peccius, Roman engineer, was asked at the beginning of the Christian era, to organize the production of salt. At the end of the 12th century, seventeen small saline were used in the enclosure of Peccais. They belonged to various owners who, after severe floods of 1842, joined in a negotiating basis for Montpellier in 1856, the Salin d'Aigues-Mortes as we know it today. The Salin covers a length of 18 kilometers from north to south and 13 kilometers wide from east to west. Over 340 kilometers of roads and paths crisscross in all directions thousands of hectares, an area surrounding the city of Paris. The name comes from Aigues-Mortes marshes and ponds that stretched around the town: Aquae Mortuae (1248 in Latin, Occitan Aigas bog-oak), which means stagnant waters, that is to say stagnant.